Diseases and more!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I know there is a season mechanic in the game so, now I'm wondering about diseases. Will there, or should there be a mechanic for if you eat bad food, or have low enough constitution that a disease will enter your body?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

this could be used to poison water and food. would be a great way to get back at those that loot your food or drink!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Could be interesting πŸ™‚ But must implement something to heal you ^^ And we can have differents steps of the disease, and maybe you can be contagious πŸ˜›

@esher

I haven’t see too many games that do contagion very well.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Wasn't that a disaster in WoW? Ppl ignored the disease too much and it became a real plague.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@benseine Isn't that brilliant? LOL I think that would be so funny

@benseine @Miffi

people hated it because there was no cure. try to find anything on the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch. This is why I said no developer has done it well. The other game that had it was Horizons (not Istaria) but they had dragons immune to the disease and could craft a cure.

@jetah Oh, yeah thats a terrible idea if there is no cure. Seems like to big a problem for them to miss? LOL

@miffi

it was supposed to be a 'fun cool thing' but people with it ran in to the capital cities and it was killing everyone. people were pretty pissed about it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=48283 (use an adblock, it's pretty bad on that site)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Humm then you need a prof like a doctor and a Pharmacy where buy the medicines. Aren't we going too deep? Could be funny but for a real live simulator πŸ˜›

@finland

healers are doctors.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Diseases and more!:

@finland

healers are doctors.

Humm, I prolly missunderstood. Were you talking about disease spells or envirorment :p?

Healers should be able to heal only spell (disease) damage πŸ˜‰

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

"Diseases" in a way are confirmed. The environment of the beast planet will hurt the demons for example. So, that could easily be expanded into a disease that is communicable or not.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Yup... I'd say bad food (either altered, poisoned or simply the lack of diversity) should cause disease, some could be just small temporary de-buffs while other could be more serious. Also, lack of proper clothing in certain environments should bring about disease. Yet nothing an alchemist couldn't help with. There could also be world events like meteor drops that bring contagious viruses to the game, crating a plague that starts a general quest to find and produce a cure, or otherwise destroy the source of the plague. Such events could bring all players, regardless of race or alignment together in a desperate search for the cure (for example, a neutral healer's committee is created, and they need a huge quantity of infected livers to be able to test and find a cure, and all players begin to hunt infected creatures to provide the guild with the necessary materials. Or they may need a large number of living test subjects and players would need to form hunting parties to catch the infected creatures alive). This shouldn't be permanent things though... just temporary events that brake the pace of the game every now and again, and also create the history of the world of Fractured.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I will probably have two extra accounts on the two other planets where I park contaminated characters just to log them on when I want to spread the desease around prior to my guild invading that planet...

@finland

so healers can't heal weapon damage? healers increase the regeneration speed of cells. this can also help the immune system fight off viruses, diseases, and stuff.

@Darian I actually like that! Though we could use 'sick' players also.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland

so healers can't heal weapon damage? healers increase the regeneration speed of cells. this can also help the immune system fight off viruses, diseases, and stuff.

Come on you have understand I mean healers heal in fight not for envirorment disease that shoul be a profession πŸ˜‰

@finland said in Diseases and more!:

@finland

Come on you have understand I mean healers heal in fight not for envirorment disease that shoul be a profession πŸ˜‰

they heal everything. devs could put sickness in with alchemy as more of a pharmacist. but even then i believe a healer could do the same. or we could have both. an alchemist makes the pills to cure it or you can have a pocket healer do the same. the solo players could have fun while not needing a healer and those that like groups could use a healer.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Don't you think that would be more fun to be forced to call a pharmacist that needs alchemy/herbalist items to craft medicine :p?

@darian said in Diseases and more!:

Yup... I'd say bad food (either altered, poisoned or simply the lack of diversity) should cause disease, some could be just small temporary de-buffs while other could be more serious. Also, lack of proper clothing in certain environments should bring about disease. Yet nothing an alchemist couldn't help with. There could also be world events like meteor drops that bring contagious viruses to the game, crating a plague that starts a general quest to find and produce a cure, or otherwise destroy the source of the plague. Such events could bring all players, regardless of race or alignment together in a desperate search for the cure (for example, a neutral healer's committee is created, and they need a huge quantity of infected livers to be able to test and find a cure, and all players begin to hunt infected creatures to provide the guild with the necessary materials. Or they may need a large number of living test subjects and players would need to form hunting parties to catch the infected creatures alive). This shouldn't be permanent things though... just temporary events that brake the pace of the game every now and again, and also create the history of the world of Fractured.

Epic.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured