Barren Land

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I created a mage and started in the western starting area( I can't remember the name of the town). I did all the starter tutorial quests leading up to Explore Goblin Hills, Explore Heartwood and explore one other one which i can't remember the name. I ran to both Goblin Hills and all the way to Heartwood. I was literally standing on the green stars for the quest areas. i got no credit for going there, and besides a few buildings, the was NOTHING THERE.

I literally ran around for 30 minutes, I did not encounter a plant I could harvest, a tree I could shake for branches, an animal I could fight-NOTHING. I understand this is Alpha, but the first time I played this when it was open to the public, I was able to build a house fight some mobs and get to level 7.. 30 minutes(literally) with no content whatsoever. I logged out in frustration.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I believe that you happen to login in a moment where the servers were all loaded up...

I played yesterday with no problems (except that of everywhere I went there was no mobs because a lot of players where in the game, which is kind of a good thing)

Maybe, if the issue happens again, you could just try logging out and on again, or maybe closing the client as it could very well be a problem in the initial conection to the server

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hey @Gaelinon that does not sound right at all. There should have been plenty of animals, monsters and plants on the way. You indeed can build a house, get new skills and all the stuff you remember from past playtests. I would assume this is related to the reason they restarted the server today and a fixed bug.

On a site note: The quest you are talking about is just to point you towards places of interest with monsters that grant you new skills. It does not give you any rewards for completing.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Gaelinon said in Barren Land:

and get to level 7..

this doesn't sound right at all too, because there are no levels. And as Silynx mentioned there should be many mobs and plants in Heartwood

• DymStudios - CEO

@Gaelinon said in Barren Land:

I literally ran around for 30 minutes, I did not encounter a plant I could harvest, a tree I could shake for branches, an animal I could fight-NOTHING. I understand this is Alpha, but the first time I played this when it was open to the public, I was able to build a house fight some mobs and get to level 7.. 30 minutes(literally) with no content whatsoever. I logged out in frustration.

Hi @Gaelinon, what I think happened is that you lost connection with the server, but somehow your character wasn't deleted and you didn't get pushed back to character selection. You were then moving just client side with a "dummy character", basically. Data for terrains and decorations (grass etc) is in the client, so you could walk around the whole continent but found no resources, no monsters, no players... because you were not connected to the server.

This is the first time we hear something like that happening, we'll investigate. Sorry for the bad experience!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Shivashanti That was my Foundation level after my first playtest several months ago. After playing more yesterday, I am up to level 9.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus Thank you for your feedback.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured