Contracts?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Here's an idea I had for a feature in the game.
    Players who played EVE-Online will know it and it's called contracts.
    An in game feature that allows you to set up a contracts. For instance you are shop keeper and you have precious materials that need to be moved, you can put up a contract. In the contract you can fill in the collateral value that the contract owner pays up front and will get it back when the contract is completed, to make sure the courier doesn't just run off with your goods. You will also have to fill in an expiration date. If the courier fails to deliver the goods in time, the collateral value will be paid out to you.And also fill in the pay out for a completed contract.

This could even be used to hire mercenaries to help defend you on the road, or help to take over a town or whatnot.

Another good option would be to have a rating system added.
    At the end of a contract both sides will choose a simple positive or negative rating (or maybe a 1-5 star rating), so others can see how reliable others are.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Well looks like a buy order or am I wrong?

Anyway take a look here too
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/1057/ℹ-info-relationships-between-guilds/8
    It's a thread for treaties

No, not like a buy order as you already have the resources, it's a courier-contract, but you want them moved to another planet, city or to your workshop/farm so you can craft stuff out of it.
    So you pay someone or a group of people even to safely transport the goods for you, so if you are not very combat capable, you have less risk, while others who have good combat skills can make some money.

In EVE there are quite a few corporations (clans) based around just moving stuff around for people.

@finland

no it's an open end system. you can sell items, if you wish, you can have goods or ships transported.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Contracts

ie you can setup a contract for a beastkin or human to transfer your crate from Arboreus to Syndesia. You want 5 gold as a deposit and you'll pay 2 gold when it's safely delivered to the other planet in 24 hours. A human looks at 2g profit and figures they can do it. They accept the contract and are given a crate in their inventory with a 24h timer on it. The item is unknown to the delivery player. The stargate opens they port through. Mount up (or run) to the city you specify and drop off at the Contract NPC. The person is paid 5g (refund of deposit) and 2g (fee to complete). If the player died and the item is looted, then the thief could break it open. The person that accepted the contract would lose their 5g because they didn't deliver the crate safely.

The item(s) you had might have been worth 2g or could have been worth 15g. the deposit you require is set by you. the reward is set by you. it's possible that no one would take that risk for 2g when other contracts are offering 15g. It could be possible that the person that accepted the contract just breaks the crate. [e] It could be possible for the thief to turn in the crate also if they could. As the crate could have the location, reward and timer on the tooltip.

contracts can also be used to buy items.

Eve Online has illegal market items. The Amarr have no problem with slaves but Gallente hate slaves. So a person could setup a contract to move slaves from Amarr space to Gallente space. Once there the slaves are sold in another contract bypassing the legal market.

Let's imagine that demon horns are illegal on Arboreus but are legal on Syndesia. a human buys some hornes and heads to Arboreus to sell them, they can't place them on the AH/Market so they post it in a contract. You need horns for a crafting ingredient, so you buy the contract. A contract quantity could be any number above 1.

Let's imagine that demon horns are really popular on Arboreus. The human places the horns in various quantity in different auction contracts. The human is able to get the most currency out of their purchase because they're illegal.

You can even place Contracts for specific people or guilds. Lets say you PMd me and I get those demon horns to Arboreus, I can place the contract up specifically for you. Let's say you're trying to corner the market on demon horns and we have a verbal contract for 100 horns a month. I can place those horns up for your guild then anyone with the Market/Trade role can claim them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

the system about safe delivery is not bad. But I think that AH will be enough to sell everything 😉 Players should just bring items outside planets and put them to the AH

@finland said in Contracts?:

the system about safe delivery is not bad. But I think that AH will be enough to sell everything 😉 Players has just to bring itmes outside planest and put them to the AH

I added an edit in that the contract can be used to buy items. AH don't have that option. AH is only good for buying goods. It can't be a delivery system.

If your goods sell for 5g on Arboreus but could be sold for 15g on Syndesia then you can have a contract setup to deliver those items without the person knowing what they are. That's something an AH can't ever do.

AH great for quickly selling something or trying to get the highest price.
    Contract good to buy items, deliver items. Can be used for a legal and illegal goods system.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

You can use AH also for buy orders like:

fee: 5gold to start it
    proposed price: 440g
    request: 400x wood

So those who can satisfy the request will pute the reources/itmes to the AH. Once the transaction has done. Seller will recive the money and the buyer (guy who started it) will recive the mats. How? delivered by mail or forcing them to visit AH to get their goods.

You can use AH also for buy orders like:

fee: 5gold to start it
    proposed price: 440g
    request: 400x wood

So those who can satisfy the request will pute the reources/itmes to the AH. Once the transaction has done. Seller will recive the money and the buyer (guy who started it) will recive the mats. How? delivered by mail or forcing them to visit AH to get their goods.

I've never seen an AH with buy orders. Wildstar had the Commodity Exchange (which was different than their AH) and Eve has their Market. Those are the only 2 I know of with a buy option.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Albion Online got one of the most beautifull AH system 😉 you should take a look there

@finland

why? You called it a dead game..

Eve Online has a much better one though (without looking at Albion's).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

A good market system does not make a game alive. I called it dead cause had a drop from 180k players to 2k nad are mostly only gankers / top guild fighters. Call it niche game if you prefer. I just call it dead 😉

Anyway the AH there had 4 TABS:

• Buy - Here you can search and find what you need

alt text

• Sell - Here you can place things to sell directly

alt text

• Order - Here you can place a buy order so what you want to buy or sell things to those that started a buy order

alt text

SHOW BUY ORDERS:

alt text

• Complete - Here you can find the items you have bought or those expired

alt text

images talk more than what I could explain with a long post but if you have question I will answer. Anyway that was a really good system by me

@finland

Only problem is you can't offer illegal goods on it.

contracts in Eve don't require a special npc (although they would in Fractured).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

there are not illegal items in the game you can sell everything (looted/dropped/crafted)

• Community Manager

Just a fyi, there's no global auction house in Fractured. If you want to sell your items in a specific region, you will have to bring your wares there yourself.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter said in Contracts?:

Just a fyi, there's no global auction house in Fractured. If you want to sell your items in a specific region, you will have to bring your wares there yourself.

Yeah none supposed that.. I think :rolling_eyes:. No global auction house could keep the economy balanced in every regions if every regions have something to offer (end game). If not ppl are going to use just one on each planet from the most usefull region.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter but I hope there will be some way for offline or at least afk trading and like someone suggested maybe other services as well. And transport contracts are still a good idea even without global or any AH.

there are not illegal items in the game you can sell everything (looted/dropped/crafted)

I said IF. if they had contracts they could offer illegal items on the beastkin and human world. I'm sure the demons wouldn't care.

@specter said in Contracts?:

my statement of paying someone to move those goods implied planets had different values. Contracts is just a means to get someone to move items for you without theft. IE the game would know x accepted the quest, and x did or did not complete it. if they did then the reward would be given (as it was paid upfront) or the deposit was kept by the person who issued the contract.

The contract allows for another profession in the economy. contracts could be used to place a bounty on someone!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

this kind of a contract is an incredible idea. if this was in the game its very probable that there would be people working as couriers as the 5th option to the game's farmer/miner/hunter/crafter styles since it seems like the universe is going to be big.

@deity

yep. you can use it to advertise also. just put a contract up where you list it as protection. you cant pay via the contract but you can get some PM's about it and arrange a payment.

DS would have to prevent urls and certain characters from being used to prevent gold spam via contracts.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@evolgrinz I believe this to be a brilliant idea. Especially coupled with the rating system you've integrated with it.

I'm wondering what you think about an insurance system as well?

I understand that something like insurance will likely be needlessly hard to implement but I think it could really add another dimension to trade and could tie into the contracts as well.

An insurance system would minimize the risk for merchants and couriers especially when massive guilds of bandits occupy the normal travel routes.
    I'm not sure how the global economy works but this could tie into that as well.

Something like this could also give rise to a 'banker/insurer* profession or skill (I promise I'm not a capitalist) that thrives on charisma and teamwork. A role very suited to the Udoadra ..

I've never played a sandbox game so I'm really just throwing a supplementary idea out there

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured