Would love to see mob loot drops tied to knowledge

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Wow That's a really good and interesting Idea! but I believe that knowledge influencing by increasing the drop chance is great but the 100% thing doesn't look good. @Whisper has a great point

@Whisper said in Would love to see mob loot drops tied to knowledge:

We already ignore most creatures in the game because we don't need to kill them. Right now if you see a fox/rabbit it is exciting because you might get a tail/foot and is probably one of the more sought after kills. 100% drop and they would just be another creature people ignore.

The idea of an imerssive gameplay sounds nice but we must remember that aditions taht dramaticly change gameplay may be impractical given that the game is already headed a certain way and coding it diferently may not be possible or worth it.

So the increased loot chance seems to be something easy to implement and a good midway!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I would like this for things like extracting venom from spiders and snakes too, as you know the animal better you can harvest more things like a chef that deals with puffer fish has to be highly trained to not kill its patrons

I'm always back and forth on RNG when it comes to mundane tasks like gathering. Realistically, even the world's best animal skinner will have a bad day and mutter "aw, beansed it," under their breath as they mess up something. And I'm not opposed to having that reflected in game.

However I also know the pain of tracking down the rare creature only for the RNG to not be on my side and it doesn't drop the thing I need. Is that something players probably should be used to? Yeah.....but is it an auto include? I'm not sure.

@FallenW1ng said in Would love to see mob loot drops tied to knowledge:

Realistically, even the world's best animal skinner will have a bad day...

I play games to escape a bad day. 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Manaia I think this is a good method for this

@FallenW1ng said in Would love to see mob loot drops tied to knowledge:

Realistically, even the world's best animal skinner will have a bad day...

Yes, but realistically having a bad day still isn't RNG, it has a reason... wife left you, you got killed too many times,...

If taking this logic than you still can't implement RNG purely based on randomly having a bad day, but you can for example, implement less chance for crafting success, if you was killed over 20 times in last 24 hours... (arbitrary numbers), or something similar.

There needs to be a hard reason for "having a bad day". Day isn't just randomly bad. 🙂

• you got killed over X times in previous Y time frame -> your chance for crafting reduces by z% for T time (you feel miserable)
    • your guild lost a city through siege, all guild members have gathering bonus chance reduced by z% for T time (sadness)

So I agree it's not RNG in real life but even on a "good day" then you can still have a random goof up. And I agree with "Days need a reason to be bad" but, I say again, sometimes you can just mess up.

You bring up a good point on how would this RNG be implemented. I'm no mathy person but I know it can't be just a straight x% across all people or attempts because that's dumb.

• I like the idea of progressive increases on the RNG. you increase your chances, but at the end of the day, rare items are still rare, and common items are sill common. that means that passive skills matter in the grand scheme of things, and it's not all about how hard you can hit with a sword, or hot big of a fireball you can cast.

I also love the idea of skill interplay, that is certain skills will boost results of certain rolls. Like animal husbandry will boost raising animals allot, and getting rare drops from animals a little, while skinning will boost rare drops from animals allot, but raising animals a little. so increasing multiple skills can have various levels of affect on the same loot, if that makes sense. So leveling animal husbandry will help me out if it want better loot, but not as much as working on my skinning. But if i want to max out my loot chances for that foot, ill level both.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Roccandil said in Would love to see mob loot drops tied to knowledge:

The animal knowledge trees would thus have ingredient unloc

Another option is increase the quality of the drop

I would like to see some kind of gathering progression system where some animals would need higher gathering skill level to get more and/or better resources from them. Perhaps this gathering skill would be called skinning and the actual skinning needs a proper skinning knife as well. Also getting better with skinning and with a specific animals could be nice feature. That would explain why you get at first zero or just one rabit leg, and later when you are getting better you mess less with the skinning part and you have a chance to get more.

I would also like to say that skinning a rabbit is a very different thing than skinning a bear and that shoud be taken account somehow.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured