Too much mouse clicking; hello carpal tunnel

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Really enjoying the game so far, but I see a return of carpal tunnel if there will be no option for auto attack. I don't mind the click to move, so long as they eventually have an option to toggle gather/attack, but having to click for every hit and every battle involving a LOT of hits is going to be a problem for those with carpal tunnel or arthritis. I love gaming and was excited to see something like Ultima Online, but we're not all created equal physically. I hope these developers will consider some kind of auto attack or key-mapped attack so those with physical limitations can play. I've seen quite a few online games that have an attack key to continue to attack without having to use the mouse button.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@RoxRocks i dont see any issue with having auto attack for 3 reasons:

1. Manual clickers will still have combat advantage since skills still require manual activation.
    2. Auto attack doesnt help bots because bots dont care about it. Even without autoattack existence bots will still be fully operational.
    3. Players will easily abuse mouse and keyboard macros to faciliate autoattacks even if thereisnt one in game.

So adding it doesnt cause any negative side effects.

@RoxRocks i think we will get an option for it when we get keybindings. Btw you know you can hold to attack too right?!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Shivashanti

Thanks Shiv. I've tried several things to relieve the wrist stress--right click mixed with left click, holding down the button, but after an hour or so of play, it just gets too painful. I trained myself to be ambidextrous with the mouse after the last surgery. I use left hand for work and right hand for play (I work on a computer all day). Definitely not going to push it to the point of needing surgery again--no fun! But I do really enjoy the game and look forward to new developments.

i've asked for WASD movement, to help physically challenged people. i've posted about a blind gamer that plays via sounds but would need a screen reader for menus, gear and stat comparison.

I doubt we'll get that at release and if it isn't at release we might not get it at all.

the idea is 1 ability, 1 action. so auto attacking isn't something that is core to the game.
    there are foot peddles that work as a mouse click.

but then again i'm not a developer and i dont speak for them. so they might have it in the works just not available to us yet.

Both keyboard control and mouse control are incompatible with carpal tunnel syndrome, due to the pressure of the wrist on the desk top. Lots of people will use a controller for gaming instead, xbox controllers are quite ergonomic and mitigate issues from this type of injury.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Greenfire
    Interesting idea Greenfire. I've never played console or used a controller. Not sure how quickly I'd learn at this late date--old dogs can learn new tricks, but it's a LOT harder, lol. I've had to give up games before because of the wrist and now arthritis is added to the mix. The foot peddle thing is something I'll look into. I want to game until the mind or the body quit working, so whatever it takes to keep me in the game. 🙂

@RoxRocks said in Too much mouse clicking; hello carpal tunnel:

@Greenfire
    Interesting idea Greenfire. I've never played console or used a controller. Not sure how quickly I'd learn at this late date--old dogs can learn new tricks, but it's a LOT harder, lol. I've had to give up games before because of the wrist and now arthritis is added to the mix. The foot peddle thing is something I'll look into. I want to game until the mind or the body quit working, so whatever it takes to keep me in the game. 🙂

some pc games work with a controller, or you can use a program that'll hax it into working.
    but a standing desk putting the keyboard at a better spot may help. i'll also suggest getting a keypad (razer orbweaver or tartaros) if you have issues in your left hand.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured