Two Handed Melee build

• @Yitra said in Two Handed Melee build:

Although this is true, I am very curious how this will develop in the perspective of horizontal progression.

On one hand, the game advertises that you are battle-ready from day one, "Jump right into the fray from day one. Defeat your enemies through your own skill and cleverness, not equipment or level."
    on the other hand, if you start with real starter gear and weapons from wood and stone, and metal weapons would be far better? Time will tell ๐Ÿ™‚ for now, we can only share our test results and experiences.

I think the fact that we are successfully attacking/Killing at start proving there statement. it may take longer with some beasts than others but that is were the skill comes in.

The "Better/Stronger" materials will hopefully lead to more damage on the back end...Hopefully
    Or may just make them easier to enchant, more powerful after enchantment.

I am glad i have vacation this week so i can see and experience the evolutionary steps.

• @Yitra difference between metal and flint weapons are mainly durability, but i assure you flint is sharp as hell...and mace with heavy stone on tip will hurt just as much ๐Ÿ˜„

• DymStudios - CEO

@Nyquil44 said in Two Handed Melee build:

Disparity between mage and melee was very glaring at the moment reason this post was made.

There is quite a disparity right now, it's true. The reason is twofold. First, even though half of the existing abilities are for warriors, there are many kinds of weapons - thus only few abilities for each. Second, we are very short on animations, while on the opposite we have VFX to spare. This makes it easier to produce new mage spells rather than warrior spells.

Our next focus for non-mage abilities is going to be marksmanship, since bows literally have 0 right now and they don't require specific animations. We'll try to throw in something for melee weapons too though!

That being said... Have you tried the Bleeding/Blinding/Crippling Strike + Strike Wounds combo for daggers and Concussive Strike for bludgeoning melee weapons? They deal a lot of damage ๐Ÿ™‚

@Tero-Kaze said in Two Handed Melee build:

We do not have Metal weapons, wood and stone make all current weapons. No Swords, Pikes, Halberds, Battle Axes, a bit of perspective is always good. Yes it is frustrating but keep in mind these are not our "Final" Characters.

This is a very important point indeed. Primitive weapons have reduced damage compared to regular metal weapons (about 20% less), that throws the balancing off for now. Blacksmithing will have a definite impact ๐Ÿ™‚ @Yitra @asspirin

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Prometheus thanks for this post was greatly appreciated dagger doesnโ€™t plan on being my thing love 2h weapons. Have all abilities related to that currently and looking forward to the future of the entire game keep up the great work. Keep melee 2h relevant please that dagger fix you did helped my accuracy with the staff greatly and now only Miss 2-3 times at the most before used to be consistently 4 in row missed was very painful

• @Prometheus I appreciate the update, I do plan on doing a Dual Dagger build, it nice to know the weapons will scale.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Tero-Kaze dual dagger pair is always my long lost love in Albion online would love to see it working amazing here as well.
    Just want melee working properly in there first step and actually give a 2h build some type of stills instead of zero which they currently have.
    Heavy blow is all we have 1 skill rest is one speed boost and attack damage otherwise completely zero skills that matter besides word of life skill which not many have and percent you need to use properly is complete garbage currently.
    Dagger has plenty of skills currently.

• @Nyquil44

Heavy blow is all we have 1 skill rest is one speed boost and attack damage otherwise completely zero skills that matter besides word of life skill which not many have and percent you need to use properly is complete garbage currently.

Actually with staff you have Bash(Bear/Warchief) and Heavy Blow, they work well with Inspire & Warcry. With Spear you can use Poison since it is bladed weapon. so there are some options.

I agree there are a lot more for Dagger/Axes and a ton for Mage.

• I do love dual Wielding much more than 2h, i have ever since i started playing D&D ages ago.

As of now it seems that 2h/Bow are the best non mage options.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Prometheus said in Two Handed Melee build:

This is a very important point indeed. Primitive weapons have reduced damage compared to regular metal weapons (about 20% less), that throws the balancing off for now. Blacksmithing will have a definite impact

First of all, I will only go into PvP when I am done with all the PvE content on Aboreus, so it's of no concern to me.

But if there is such a difference in damage, I can imagine that there will be players who will take the text on the website literally: "Jump right into the fray from day one. Defeat your enemies through your own skill and cleverness, not equipment or level." and go on a rampage about being misled (ooh the frivolity of youth).

Just my 2 cents though. You guys have my eternal love already ๐Ÿ˜

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Yitra there would have to better gear and weapons that we all would progress towards and if you kill enough of a mob your damage while killing them should improve as well.
    I hope this is a thing someone that has put the effort in doing something should be better at doing it hence gathering mob grinding building cityโ€™s all should have bonuses if you specialize into it.
    I as well will be going beastman master pve first and once nothing much more to progress unleash havoc on the weak.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Quick test video showing accuracy improved

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured