Trees in big fight zones

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

The trees that spawn in these zones such as around the goblyn shammy and the treants hinder more than help.
    They block the movement of the mouse & cause you to click on the tree rather than clicking on the ground or an enemy.

If there was camera rotation this would not be a problem as players could simply rotate the camera.

For the purpose of gathering branches, players also would not do so in the middle of a battle.
    Thus they serve very little purpose being in a battle zone when they could be on the outskirts waiting for players to take the branches.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

prometheus mentioned in the q&a yesterday that we will get a system like in UO for example where the trees etc will fade out

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Was wondering if some kind of "fighting stance" could help with this by disabling the harvest action and priorising combat mechanics (like moving or targeting foe) when selected.

It might be automatic like gw2 (one hit make you enter combat mod (slower move speed, no auto health regen, no mount) and not being hit for like 10/15sec disable the combat mod) or selected by player (no exemple here).

(i hope my wording is understandable)

yeah i think it will be a mix of combat stance and fading away large objects for the view, at least i would think that would be a good way to be sure there will be no problems like we have atm

need a combat stance and gathering/crafting stance.

or have the game recognize someone is in combat and remove the option to gather. that could be bad for those that decide to be fully crafters.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Jetah said in Trees in big fight zones:

that could be bad for those that decide to be fully crafters.

I might miss the point here, how could it be bad for them? i see they will have to fight from time to time but it will make the world seem more ... "dangerous" and lively.

imo if you can harvest without being interrupted when a crawling horror hurt you it loose on the horror part of the monster (and so on for other kind of monsters).

• Wiki Editor

@Orky said in Trees in big fight zones:

Was wondering if some kind of "fighting stance" could help with this by disabling the harvest action and priorising combat mechanics (like moving or targeting foe) when selected.

It might be automatic like gw2 (one hit make you enter combat mod (slower move speed, no auto health regen, no mount) and not being hit for like 10/15sec disable the combat mod) or selected by player (no exemple here).

Not exactly sure what you mean here by "one hit", but based on the second part of the sentence where you have "not being hit for like 10/15 secs...", I'll assume the first part activates when a player is hit. That being the case:

This would be infuriating since I run by wolves all the time, they hit me, and I just keep going because I don't feel like dealing with them. I think combat mode would be better implemented if a player actively attacks, although this should only deactivate the gathering of world resources - slowing players down would suck especially in PvP.

I might miss the point here, how could it be bad for them? i see they will have to fight from time to time but it will make the world seem more ... "dangerous" and lively.

imo if you can harvest without being interrupted when a crawling horror hurt you it loose on the horror part of the monster (and so on for other kind of monsters).

I think in terms of PvP, where a dedicated gatherer would have friends or paid mercs to guard them. The gatherer would want to stay gathering, even while being hit, until the friends/merc killed the aggressor. or a solo gatherer is harvesting something rare, an enemy attacks and the gatherer wants to finish the current channel time to get the item, then run, but an attack would completely stop that.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@kellewic said in Trees in big fight zones:

Not exactly sure what you mean here by "one hit", but based on the second part of the sentence where you have "not being hit for like 10/15 secs...", I'll assume the first part activates when a player is hit. That being the case:
    This would be infuriating since I run by wolves all the time, they hit me, and I just keep going because I don't feel like dealing with them. I think combat mode would be better implemented if a player actively attacks, although this should only deactivate the gathering of world resources - slowing players down would suck especially in PvP.

You are right about the 1hit, it's either being hurt by a monster or dealing damage to a monster activating combat mod, but in gw2 you have to use a key ("f" by default) or double-clic on a node to gather it and combat is way different from what we have here so i would say it's not needed to blindly copy it without any adaptation

I think in terms of PvP, where a dedicated gatherer would have friends or paid mercs to guard them. The gatherer would want to stay gathering, even while being hit, until the friends/merc killed the aggressor. or a solo gatherer is harvesting something rare, an enemy attacks and the gatherer wants to finish the current channel time to get the item, then run, but an attack would completely stop that.

Get the point now, seem legit indeed, in alpha2-1 we have to use "p" to go pvp mod, will we have a similar mechanic in full game or is it here only to prevent grief in alpha test?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I can see what @Jetah is getting at, the only problem is that unless there is an ability to switch agro, if your the first to get agro & you only want to collect resource or whatever. Your going to be doing that while tanking & you don't have a say in the matter.

• I do agree that dedicated targeting would be beneficial to the combat system. I have had a ton of issues in the Vale and Heart Land with mobs and all the trees.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured