A lot of features was left out of this test?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

When I compare the actual content what we are testing at the moment with the original plan, a lot of features have left out. Roadmap to Alpha 2

We are at least missing these:

• Player towns
    • Party & guilds
    • Carts & wagons
    • Mounts
    • Arboreus & Beastmen
    • Tartaros & Demons
    • Enchanting system
    • Larger houses

I am not sure of the world building part and how much is implemented from that part, because I personally have found just a portion of the enemies listed in Roadmap.

I was wondering, was the plan made in few months ago too ambitious or did developers face some big problems during the development? πŸ€” I was personally really waiting to see player towns in action. πŸ˜•

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni Don't forget, we are in Alpha2-1 and we will get more test phases while Alpha2 is running.

Prometheus mentioned in the AMA with Oxfurd (https://www.twitch.tv/oxfurd) at Sunday that we will get much more features to test while Alpha 2 is running. So i think, once the core of fighting system, knowledge system and building system is correctly working, we will get next stuff to test.

@Kralith said in A lot of features was left out of this test?:

@Tuoni Don't forget, we are in Alpha2-1 and we will get more test phases while Alpha2 is running.

Prometheus mentioned in the AMA with Oxfurd (https://www.twitch.tv/oxfurd) at Sunday that we will get much more features to test while Alpha 2 is running. So i think, once the core of fighting system, knowledge system and building system is correctly working, we will get next stuff to test.

You are right, I actually missed this line: "So, what of the above is coming is Alpha 2 – Test 1? Let’s find out!" 🀦

Enchanting system and larger houses was the only ones from my list what was still missing. Not sure about all of the world building part though.

However, the combat and building is still at same state as it was in Alpha 1.

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni said in A lot of features was left out of this test?:

Not really, we got much more Skills and Creatures to kill πŸ˜‰

@Tuoni said in A lot of features was left out of this test?:

Not really, we got much more Skills and Creatures to kill πŸ˜‰

Yes really, I am not talking about creatures to kill or number of skills in use. I am talking about the combat itself, I do not see much or any improvements there. In addition, last time I actually had much more skills in use what I have right now, because now I would need to grind those all out and last time all abilities were unlocked from the beginning. πŸ˜‰

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni Hmm for me the fighting is a bit different, since the tech upgrade gave much more and smooth possibilities.
    But you are true, the fighting needs to get improved way more.
    Animal behaviour is not perfect yet.

I am writing on my Alpha2-1 conclusion, and this will be for sure a paragraph. πŸ˜‰

@Tuoni Hmm for me the fighting is a bit different, since the tech upgrade gave much more and smooth possibilities.
    But you are true, the fighting needs to get improved way more.
    Animal behaviour is not perfect yet.

I am writing on my Alpha2-1 conclusion, and this will be for sure a paragraph. πŸ˜‰

Animals are quite easy to kite especially when using a area technic where you run as far as the animal follows you and when it turn back, you start to follow the animal and nuke it at the same time, repeat, repeat... Last time you need to run and slow down deers or you could not catch those up, but now I just stayed still most of the time using magic missiles every time when a deer or stag by passed me. So yeah, animal behaviour is not quite there. Giant spider with magic missiles was a different thing and something I just decided to escape.

I am also going to make a sum up where I will mirror the current test to Alpha 1 experiences.

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni we should go together to the Goblins or the Elementals or Treants πŸ˜„
    My first contact with them was quite deadly πŸ˜‚

• Community Manager

@Tuoni The devs agree. They're going to make improvements to the behaviour of creatures in an upcoming patch.

• With "combat" i was expecting more martial arts and additional weapons. Unarmed combat and dual wielding, though the Goblins can use Swords, Shields, dual wield.

@Specter said in A lot of features was left out of this test?:

@Tuoni The devs agree. They're going to make improvements to the behaviour of creatures in an upcoming patch.

Okay nice to know. I was trying to think this animal behaviour and I understand it is not easy task to get AI to work right. It is of course a good thing that animals wont chase the player till end of the world and they will eventually give up, but maybe here could be differencies how long the animals and monsters will chase the player, but also maybe the animals could return a little bit faster to the starting point or maybe they could stop the returning when they are attacked...

I really like idea of deers and stags behaviour and how those are trying to escape from the hunter. Maybe in some cases those will just escape from a specific direction and try to mislead the player, but in some situations escaping, running to random direction, stopping... etc would be okay. I guess it is okay that in some situations those deers could return to spot where player is standing, but in most of the times it would be better if the player needs to actually do something to catch up that deer.

I do not know, sounds a little bit too scary for me. πŸ˜‚

• @Kralith said in A lot of features was left out of this test?:

Yeah but the current way they target/pull aggro that first person gets torn up. if there are enough attackers it may help a bit but the seeking magic missiles are tough.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured