Why Magic users will be OP compared to physical users

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

In one of the Alpha tests, they added a lot of INT onto gear, which meant you could get 27, I think. At that point, you could pretty much solo any mob on the map using the icicle shotgun and mage armor. It felt strong, and was fun to play.

The last tests removed the extra INT (as far as I could see), so you were back to max 18 INT, which is extremely wimpy (and for me, not fun to play right now). 😛 Apparently 25 will be max, and it will be hard to get, but it does look like it will be worth it.

As someone else pointed out, however, the available spells don't feel balanced yet. Your bread and butter spells (like magic missile) have significant cooldowns, and the big spells (like fireball) are anemic at best, especially against the toughest mobs.

As to secondary attributes, I enjoyed playing with CON, STR, and PER at 18 (as well as INT 18 + the bonuses from gear), and DEX and CHA at minimum. CON and STR get you inherent resistances and armor that stack nicely with mage armor and improve the Frenzy move buff, and PER gets you a lot of saves (not sure if accuracy helps spells, but the crit bonuses probably do).

CHA and DEX do get you more max energy, but not regen, and regen seems to count for more.

Lets not forget that all skills aren't balanced yet, and also not checked fully against abuse. I was able to double cast fireballs in a specific way before cool down triggered, which was a massive damage spike. 😄

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

very curious I dont think it will be op

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

facepalmthe more this thread goes, the more ashamed I am 🤦

• Just idea:

So far modifiers on spells are "bigger dmg for bigger mana consumption", right? But awith exception of more mana management, there´s no skill involved. Couldn´t it be more like "spell gives more damage, but AOE is considerably smaller" - if you hit due to your skill, you get rewarded, if not, spell is on cd and you wasted it, "more damage the close you are to target" - you´re getting closer to danger, so again risk vs reward. Or "more dmg = more delay" you would cast spell much longer, but high dmg would balance chance to miss / chance to be interrupted, "dmg gradually growing the longer you cast spell" - you´re pinned to spot, so any ground targeded skills continue damaging you and youre just free target, but dmg is massive" etc etc.

Or is it stupid considering game will have many CCs (and we don´t know yet how will these work)?

Guys this is extremely outdated thread.

Don't use any info from here, so many things have changed in the meantime! 🙂

• yes, but so far in streams it looks like mages have upper hand 😄

• same could be said about fighters with Str only way to get Endurance (hp)

ahahaha we are still posting in this thread?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gibbx said in Why Magic users will be OP compared to physical users:

ahahaha we are still posting in this thread?

...yes, sadly.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured