No Trick, Big Treat: Alpha 2 Launch Revealed

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hello!

That is so great news. Since i have play'd Albion Online since seond alpha i want to ask when i purchase this 90EUR Legend pack now to play with this Aplha 2 second test. Will then servers be up long time so i can play until Next big update come's out or will the servers be up only some certain time period?

You have done very good work, thanks fot that already!

Your fan, Sahiib

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ...
    ๐Ÿ‘

• Community Manager

@Sahiib The first test of alpha 2 will last at least 2 weeks. I assume the other alpha 2 tests will last at least as long as alpha 2 test 1 unless the devs are going to do test weekends again.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Then it is no point for me to buy this package if i can only play couple weeks.
    Make some 5 or 10 EUR packages for players who just want to test out this 2 week period. You can see your server stability, get lot more bug reports, more testing out of game etc and people can get feel of the game.
    Thanks for the info!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Sahiib said in No Trick, Big Treat: Alpha 2 Launch Revealed:

Then it is no point for me to buy this package if i can only play couple weeks.

You will be able to play in the Alpha 2, in all our future tests and, of course, you will have a digital copy of Fractured.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Sahiib You proclaim you are a fan but I can't read anything positive out of your statement. ๐Ÿค”
    Sure it is up to you how much money you want to invest for Alpha 2 and for a pre order access in generell. But I think the devs are making the right decisions by not prolonging the testing phases to a couple of months.
    I don't think that is necessarily helpfull with the current implementations so far.
    The devs know why they are splitting it up into several test weeks.
    If the alpha is out too long let's say months there will be ppl complaining about lack of new content..... I mean seriously do we want that? ๐Ÿคจ
    I believe the game has great potential and development should be handled with care. Rushing thinks just won't help at all. ๐Ÿ‘‹

@Sahiib said in No Trick, Big Treat: Alpha 2 Launch Revealed:

(...) can get feel of the game (...)

You should not try to judge the game in it's final state by 'playing' it's alpha version.
    There is crucial functionality missing (not just content, but functionality) and it is less 'playing' a game and more 'testing' functionality.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Things are moving along really nicely!

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I'm looking forwards to seeing demon content if there is any right now! Even the character creation process for it would be nice to see.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@LilCassiopeia To ad to what you said (<-don't know if it's some good english, sorry if it isn't) i used to play another alpha before knowing this one, maybe you know it maybe not but World Adrift was such a great game even if it lack content and many major feature where not yet implemented.

I speak of this game in past termes because the lack of content and permanent access to it slowly but surely bored most player, by the end it was even killed by the cost of SpacialOs server running it at loss for the dev, i'm really sad it died and i will spread the word to other devs team willing to -and supporter asking to- go the same road, don't! people will have far more interest playing it less and less often in beta but being able to have access to a full game later on.

@Orky said in No Trick, Big Treat: Alpha 2 Launch Revealed:

@LilCassiopeia To ad to what you said (<-don't know if it's some good english, sorry if it isn't) i used to play another alpha before knowing this one, maybe you know it maybe not but World Adrift was such a great game even if it lack content and many major feature where not yet implemented.

I still cry at night about the loss of that Game. What ultimately killed it was that the concept of the game did fail by technical problems which they could not solve, not even with the support of Improbable. By looking for more developers using SpatialOS I stumbled onto this game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This post is deleted!

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured