Racial Weapons & Armor?

• My Lord Kaust inquires what sort of arms and armor will be anticipated in this land.

Is everything craftable? Does race preclude the look or types of weapons and armor created or can any race make anything to look like anything?

For example, in the realm of Skyrim, metal types determine the "racial" design of a given armor.

Thank you for your wisdoms!

Scribe of Kaust

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Armor and weapons are all crafted in this game. About different style depending on the race, not sure if the devs spoke about that or not.. so can´t say :x

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @LordKaust! There are no generic racial-based limitations on crafting, only some very specific ones (such as technological tools being available to humans only).

So yeah, a Beastman can craft a dreadful bone armor like a Demon can, in theory. In practice, that's quite hard, because the recipes to learn how to craft said bone armor could be retrieved only on Tartaros, and the resources to make it too... So it would be rare for a Beastman to actually craft one :slight_smile:

here is interesting what boost category the different armors have
    so in other words ... if you are the only crafter for bone armor as beastmen it requires benefits
    if no one would buy them this sort of knowlegdeable things are only "nice to have"

That's also one of the things that will make the game economy. Materials from Tartaros will sell at much higher price in Arboreus and Syndesia than they would in Tartaros itself and vice versa.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@lohen That's a very solid point you have. I'd approach this by giving different attributes to different types of armor. Not different in the sense that one is straight stronger than the other, but each would favor a different play stile. Let's say beast-men armor will be less encumbering and allow slightly faster movement, human armor would provide slightly better defense and daemon armor gives a small damage buff. So for example, if you are a human who favors speed, you might be looking for beast-men armor and be willing to pay more for it.

• DymStudios - CEO

@darian said in Racial Weapons & Armor?:

I'd approach this by giving different attributes to different types of armor. Not different in the sense that one is straight stronger than the other, but each would favor a different play stile. Let's say beast-men armor will be less encumbering and allow slightly faster movement, human armor would provide slightly better defense and daemon armor gives a small damage buff

That's exactly how it works - although there's no such a thing as "beastman armor" or "human armor" but, as I've said, types of armor that can be more easily produced by different races due to access to recipes and resources :slight_smile:

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured