WoW Classic is coming

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I know already it will be different than old retail vanilla, even mechanically in some aspects. They are changing some things around.. I'll just add an example of changing parry cap to 14% for warriors at raid bosses, which will make raid bosses parry more against tanks, and each parry triggers increased attack speed gained by boss for a while.. which will then hit harder on tanks.

Vanilla has been min/maxed to the point where a fury tank with no shield can get healed through nearly any boss with appropriate level gear while not wearing a shield 90% of the time. The extra damage is pretty irrelevant, what is relevant is threat. I can totally see good rogues/warriors intentionally attacking from the front when they're gonna get threat capped, to increase the tank's RPS=TPS.

Warrior - slow leveler, but great to play at max level. Can hold it's own in PvP, and needed class for raiding (great DPS if played as DPS, and the only real tank). For raiding warrior is really rewarding class choice. However, you are adviced to have a different grinding alt then, as warrior is not the most effective grinder compared to some other classes.

I would add that fury is probably the most "fun"/hectic class for PVE. You can do some really retarded/fun stuff when trying to cheese for high DPS logs, like, I've very fond memories of getting world #1 twin emps every week for a month, and losing it to another warrior doing the same thing by literally just rounding up the scarabs and AoEing them down while sit spamming to keep enrage while half of our healers do nothing but turrent heal me because I have the scrab dot stacked on me to like 50. There are lots of places you can do that sorta stuff when your healers are geared enough, like sitting in AoE intentionally, tanking trash with no mitigation gear, that kinda thing.

The biggest downside to warrior IMO is literally (((like, literal use of the word literally))) every single class counters you in 1v1, and in team fights/BGs post AQ they're actually kinda garbage, too. In MC level gear, warriors are going to kindof suck in PVP, because their T1 set is pretty garbage, but all of their counter classes (mage, warlock, hunter) have pretty good T1 sets. That said, 1-2 warriors will still be desired in RBGs at least until naxx is out, and the 1.12.1 itemization helps warriors A LOT between BWL-Naxx if they get rank 13/14.

Hunter - the best class for leveling, and for solo (single target) grinding. It can also hold it's own in PvP. However in raiding, post MC, it scales very poorly, and you will never be anywhere near the top of DPS charts in raids. So if that's important for you, do not chose hunter.

IMO hunter is THE BEST open world ganker, if that's your thing. The only classes that can really fight them are like: druid(if EXTREMELY geared as feral/boomkin, so, basically these don't exist), warlocks, and Spriests(also don't really exist), and honestly they can just choose not to fight warlocks and there's nothing warlocks can do about it because they're so slow.

Hunters are naturally pretty decent DPS in MC-tier gear, but 1.12.1 itemization (comparatively) hurts them a little bit, especially with Lupos not doing shadow damage. THAT SAID, in BWL Hunters will be able to do competitive DPS with at least the casters if they get rank 13. The PVP sets of hunters is basically equivalent of T3 without the set bonuses. They will def go back to sucking in either AQ or Naxx, tho.

Warlock - best all around class choice. Is good at everything, PvP, raiding, dungeons,... and if Blizzard ever decides to expand classic with retail TBC again, warlock is the TOP class in TBC without any competition.

I agree with Warlock being one of the top 3 classes, but I would add: WotF REEEEEEEEEEEEE, and a big downside to warlock PVE is that they have the most/expensive consumables of any class by a far margin. Additionally, they kinda suck without gear. Their T1 is really good for PVP, though, and even if you're casual T2/2.5 is really good PVP gear, and they get a lot of "free" gear that's super good for PVP, and PVP. Like, the fricken AQ20 ring is their third BiS, and the ZG cloak is basically BiS. it's super easy to gear a warlock late game.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

WoW single handedly ruined the mmorpg genre!!! the mmorpg genre would have been so much different if WoW hadn't been such a success...

Classic WoW might be Activison-Blizzards last chance to save the franchise. If the recent leaks are true and retail has already under million subs, who knows what happens if 9.0 goes same category as BfA, a failure. It might be the end, so I am personally hoping Classic to be a success regardless am I going to play it for long or just few months.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki It is hard to see that they can change the direction of subs during BfA and their-long term bait attempts are also turning against them, and are in best case just a temporary bandage.

Classic will provide valueable information for devs when thinking the future of WoW, expansion 10.0 or even long waited totally new game WoW 2. So Classic is not just an important project itself, it is also important for future projects and may have significant influence for the later direction of retail.

@Althalus said in WoW Classic is coming:

WoW single handedly ruined the mmorpg genre!!! the mmorpg genre would have been so much different if WoW hadn't been such a success...

Have you thought, that the success of WoW has also got more people to intrest about the MMORPG genre. Many people have started with WoW and then moved on something else. I am not sure how someone can ruin a whole genre just by making popular and well done game.. 🤔

Have you reserved any characters folks?

I will be chilling on Golemagg (EU PvP) on Horde side.
    Nothing hardcore, just chill and have some fun.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I might look into it. I liked the warrior having to train each weapon class including bare fists. To me that was more immersive than becoming better at everything all at once.

I'd like to check out some of the areas that were changed. That's all really because I tried it during Blizzcon and the older gameplay isn't for me. There's no quest guide so I'd be running around frustrated looking for the quest objective. That's what put me off the first time. I finally got into it properly at the end of Mists of Pandaria after playing a bit in Cataclysm.

@Gothix I am, like I have mentioned before in this thread. However, I have changed my mind about the class and I am going to play orc warlock. I have played more at alliance side why I wanted now go with horde.

@Psymantis No worries, there is this Addon called Questie to help leveling. 😉

@Gothix Btw, have you already decide your race and class combo?

@Tuoni said in WoW Classic is coming:

Yeah, my main will be Orc Hunter and I will play Undead Mage as my primary alt.

orc warlock

Orc Warlock is basically the best combo you can be in vanilla.

Lots of folks go for an Undead Warlock, but (being a warlock) other casters aren't your main enemy, it's rogues. So having 25% stun resist as an Orc is imho more useful than having undeads WoTF.

Warlocks are also good for all content: PvP, dungeons, raiding and solo play... so you can't go wrong with a warlock choice. And being a horde, you don't have to deal with other undead (WoTF), so you will have as smooth experience as you can. 🙂

@Gothix said in WoW Classic is coming:

orc warlock

Orc Warlock is basically the best combo you can be in vanilla.

Lots of folks go for an Undead Warlock, but (being a warlock) other casters aren't your main enemy, it's rogues. So having 25% stun resist as an Orc is imho more useful than having undeads WoTF.

Warlocks are also good for all content: PvP, dungeons, raiding and solo play... so you can't go wrong with a warlock choice. And being a horde, you don't have to deal with other undead (WoTF), so you will have as smooth experience as you can. 🙂

I can not agree more.. 😎

@Gothix said in WoW Classic is coming:

Yeah, my main will be Orc Hunter and I will play Undead Mage as my primary alt.

Orc Hunters are great too, especially in leveling, solo content and PvP. Undead Mage is actually one of my options for alt if I have time for one. Few months ago I played one in private server to test out AoE grinding. Shadow priest or druid are possible alts too..

Don't know what to think of WoW Vanilla. I started with BC back in the day and the farming quests where really a pain in the ass even back then..
    Also I hope they don't use the old graphics that would be awful.
    But my biggest concern would be the current gaming community which drove me away back in the day in Warlords of Draenor.
    No patience, rage quits in dungeons, constant complaining in raids, rushing mentality, loot fixated.
    I do think these guys will flood the classic servers. 🤔

@LilCassiopeia What I have understood, that there will be minor graphic changes, but the general feel is the same. I think at least they have made some improvements for character models. Some of those were almost unplayable back then.. 😅

I am not so worry about the current retail playerbase, sure they will be crying a lot, but in other hand those people will also quit quite fast. 😉

• Wiki Editor

Might have to check it out - Warlock was fun to play.

How long did it take to reach level 60? I heard from old players back in BC it took them half a year. You guys think the level scale will be the same?
    I would like to play a mage on horde fraction. Any advice regarding races? 🤔

@LilCassiopeia said in WoW Classic is coming:

How long did it take to reach level 60? I heard from old players back in BC it took them half a year. You guys think the level scale will be the same?
    I would like to play a mage on horde fraction. Any advice regarding races? 🤔

It depends ofc how much time you are going to invest, but it will easily take few months. In Classic the leveling was a journey and more part of the game. However, now people have a lot of base knowledge, and there is huge amount of guides and even addons to help with the leveling. So I guess it will be much smoother this time.

Undead and Troll are both viable options and quite even. Undead maybe considered a lil bit better in PvP and Troll in PvE if you look the racials. Still I would say the differencies are quite marginal.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured