Bees?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Xzait said in Bees?:

unlike most MMO's, this one doesnt seem to be complete fantasy... looking more like a survival game like ARK. Cosmetics in games that look like this one would take away from the game for some players inatead of adding more to it. it would be immersion breaking for some players. especially if it isnt all based on a survival aspect and you can get pink neko costumes or flashy rainbow dresses

it's fantasy and steampunk-ish. i'd be ok with that.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait said in Bees?:

unlike most MMO's, this one doesnt seem to be complete fantasy... looking more like a survival game like ARK. Cosmetics in games that look like this one would take away from the game for some players inatead of adding more to it. it would be immersion breaking for some players. especially if it isnt all based on a survival aspect and you can get pink neko costumes or flashy rainbow dresses

my point is that there are players that wont be. just like other players have also said they dont want it in this thread. did you even read further than the last 3 or 4 comments?

@Xzait said in Bees?:

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait said in Bees?:

my point is that there are players that wont be. just like other players have also said they dont want it in this thread. did you even read further than the last 3 or 4 comments?

then they're ignoring the whole human civilization using steampunk-ish styling.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait said in Bees?:

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait said in Bees?:

then they're ignoring the whole human civilization using steampunk-ish styling.

we are talking about the game fractured on this forum thread. i dont know how deluded you must be to think anything in fractired is steampunk-ish... there is no power, and not even metal at this point, letalone glass or wiring..

@Xzait

i see you haven't been here in a while:

Specter MODERATOR Aug 3, 2018, 7:50 AM

Humans have access to steampunk technology.

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/67385

So, how deluded are you?

Luckily there is a big difference between steampunk style and pink PJ's/rainbow dresses.

It makes sense that humans after they have developed that technology (it will not be available at the start, as building the necessary elements will require the effort of a whole town) also develop a different style of clothing.

I assume (and hope) beast-man, humans and demons will have different armour styles. Closer to historic/reality Asian fantasy style.

alt text

@Yitra said in Bees?:

Luckily there is a big difference between steampunk style and pink PJ's/rainbow dresses.

It makes sense that humans after they have developed that technology (it will not be available at the start, as building the necessary elements will require the effort of a whole town) also develop a different style of clothing.

I assume (and hope) beast-man, humans and demons will have different armour styles. Closer to historic/reality Asian fantasy style.

red glass was only affordable to the wealthy because it takes gold to make that color. I can see Fractured offering 'casual' cosmetics for out of combat, or within a city, so that you can have multicolored dresses or gowns. Multicolor isn't bad, it's the teddy bear outfit, the police cars, etc (see Tera for more examples).

I'm ok with a wild temporary cosmetic change for a day, like April Fool's (or two), a year. I like having santa hats for christmas. i like bunny ears for easter. I know it's a video game and those holidays might not exist but i still enjoy the mix of the RL holidays within games.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait

So, how deluded are you?

well, that is rather disappointing. I guess it would make sense for the higher tier gear tho for humans.

@Xzait said in Bees?:

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait

So, how deluded are you?

well, that is rather disappointing. I guess it would make sense for the higher tier gear tho for humans.

humans don't stand a chance against demond and beast so they have tech that makes them equal to the other two.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait said in Bees?:

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Xzait

So, how deluded are you?

humans don't stand a chance against demond and beast so they have tech that makes them equal to the other two.

ye, overall, humans arent very physically strong compared to most other species, both real and fictional. The only reason we have survived so long is our wit and ability to avoid being close up to threats and avoid damage all together... got a wild tiger? throw a net at it, knock it out with a tranquiliser and put it in a cage... cant hurt you then...

i wonder if the devs will implement something in game as like racial benefits... like humans being intelligent... and able to make traps that are effective against beastfolk... or charms that are effective against the demons. Or on the other hand, the ability to make better stuff for beastfolk to be like companions... or some kind of ritual thing to power up demon companions...

this is assuming that all 3 races can coexist to an extent and arent all brutally battling it out for territory dominance.

@Xzait You have a point there. Even demons are usually powerfull what it come for pure strength, but they are also generally quite stupid and does not have own opinions or will.

@Jetah said in Bees?:

@Yitra said in Bees?:

red glass was only affordable to the wealthy because it takes gold to make that color. I can see Fractured offering 'casual' cosmetics for out of combat, or within a city, so that you can have multicolored dresses or gowns. Multicolor isn't bad, it's the teddy bear outfit, the police cars, etc (see Tera for more examples).

I'm ok with a wild temporary cosmetic change for a day, like April Fool's (or two), a year. I like having santa hats for christmas. i like bunny ears for easter. I know it's a video game and those holidays might not exist but i still enjoy the mix of the RL holidays within games.

I was just going to add this: Having a Festival with funny and outlandish costumes is fine, as that can easily be explained, and one does not need to participate if you don't want to.

@Gothix Although I personally would not wish to see such items, I would not be too upset if selective items were ever introduced for a specific event, provided they were in keeping with the perceived historic period i.e. allowing people to place lanterns in a window at Halloween , but would not wish to see anything that jarred the senses: In truth, I think this is a mute point as the devs have far bigger fish to fry.

@Thwunk said in Bees?:

@Gothix Although I personally would not wish to see such items, I would not be too upset if selective items were ever introduced for a specific event, provided they were in keeping with the perceived historic period i.e. allowing people to place lanterns in a window at Halloween , but would not wish to see anything that jarred the senses: In truth, I think this is a mute point as the devs have far bigger fish to fry.

with the stories that beastkin would tell their cubs, you mean not a single cub would dress as a demon or human?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured