Mount conundrum....

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Re: Mounts?

I'm thrilled to have achieved Foundation level 35, which gives me a way cool feral wolf mount 🐺 🥂 🍾
    The tricky part is that I'd planned for my first/main PC to be a Wolfling 😒 so riding a wolf around will require some explaining. Wonder whether there's a chance I could trade that mount for a more credible one, in-game.

Any chance 'mount swaps' will be a thing? Or should I plan to save my wolf mount for the human PC when/if I get around to that?

Maybe think of them like different species. Closely related species, but different nonetheless (Like a human riding a gorilla).

The Wolf will be usable across all your characters since it is account-bound though, so that's not something to worry about. 👍

@FallenW1ng said in Mount conundrum....:

Maybe think of them like different species. Closely related species, but different nonetheless (Like a human riding a gorilla).

The Wolf will be usable across all your characters since it is account-bound though, so that's not something to worry about. 👍

I agree with FallenW1ng. Just ride the mount even in RP books this combination is no problem.
    Like you are the evolved form which descended from the wolf mount. Also a nice plus communcation should be simple right? 😏

There ARE other mounts. You don't need to use the wolf mount.

First, congratulations on your new mount! 😉

There will be plenty of mounts obtainable in game, from both cash store and by simply playing, so you don't need to worry about this.

Also, I'm not 100% certain at the moment, but I think "foundation unlocked rewards" will be usable on all your characters.

I can't even imagine riding a gorilla, tbh. They are intelligent beings like dolphins. Unless it offered me a ride, I would never.

I'll probably keep my mount as a companion and just not ride her unless under duress. I'd imagine Wolflings will have decent stamina and speed on foot. Or I might come up with a backstory that would make her conveying me believable. I just wanted to raise this as a question cuz it's a funny mental image to see a wolf riding a wolf.

@PeachMcD said in Mount conundrum....:

I can't even imagine riding a gorilla, tbh. They are intelligent beings like dolphins. Unless it offered me a ride, I would never.

I'll probably keep my mount as a companion and just not ride her unless under duress. I'd imagine Wolflings will have decent stamina and speed on foot. Or I might come up with a backstory that would make her conveying me believable. I just wanted to raise this as a question cuz it's a funny mental image to see a wolf riding a wolf.

to be fair, some people treat their mounts as companions. Treat a mount well, and it will treat you well... Treat it poorly and it will run away as soon as it gets the chance. Horse riders are a great example. a lot of people i have met that ride their horses absolutely love them... feed them, water them, brush them, give them plwntly of room to run around and sometimes even play with them.

In the Elder Scrolls games the form of a Khajiit depends on the phase of the moon when they're born. Some are humanoid but others resemble feral cats and are sometimes used for mounts. They can talk and are just as intelligent as their humanoid peers. You could have different members of a family born as different forms. Try explaining that to non-Khajiit.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'm thrilled to have achieved Foundation level 35, which gives me a way cool feral wolf mount 🐺 🥂 🍾
    The tricky part is that I'd planned for my first/main PC to be a Wolfling 😒 so riding a wolf around will require some explaining. Wonder whether there's a chance I could trade that mount for a more credible one, in-game.

Any chance 'mount swaps' will be a thing? Or should I plan to save my wolf mount for the human PC when/if I get around to that?

Well, worst case scenario, I'm sure you'll be able to either purchase or tame a different species local biom mount... Or just exchange the wolf mount on a different one, with other players.

the mount is just a skin, so you don't need to use it on your Udoadra. just keep the horse or whatever you are using at the time

@Xzoviac said in Mount conundrum....:

the mount is just a skin

Yeah, we will surely not be lacking diversity, and since skins can be swapped anyone will be able to fit his mount appearance to his own liking.

Hopefully this variety will still have some boundaries to limit available options within some decent aesthetic standards appropriate to Fractured world. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured