Race Evolutions Sugestion.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Not gonna like-I really like the idea of racial evolution... Especially such a drastic one like demons have.

But that's just for the good guys, and what about those trully diabolical ones? Can the trully diabolical ones evolve to become even worse? Some demons may decide that it's better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven. So why not have an evolution option for those REALLY evil ones, where they become archdemons, or devils?

And why not make the same for beastmen, as well? Abomination for evil ones and...I dunno a treant, or a driad for the holly ones?

Honestly, the whole idea of evolution is an interesting one and I'd love to see it expanded, in due time.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Good to know I'm not the only one considering such a thing 🙂

Who knows, maybe devs will expand evolution of races further, once they get the basics done.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Meiki said in Race Evolutions Sugestion.:

@deusex2 Well if the game comes out higher than the devs expect, there will be definitely a lot of space for additions and new content. If not, it might take some time until then. But I do not see the game failing, 'cause so far both the content and development are awesome (considering how early we are in the development phase) and so far the devs are quite open about their intentions, on-going development and communication with us, which is a great sign.

It's all well and nice, but if river dries out, then there's no helping it.

Let's be honest here-too little funding is just as dangerous as too much finding.

Which is why many people are sceptical regarding this project, regardless of dev's behaviour.

Obviously, I wish this game success, but it isn't the first crowdfunded low budget MMO out there, and the majority are failures, sadly.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

MMM if this is the case i would become the demon king

I'd prefer to have these types of system after the game launches. make it into an expansion which includes the furthering changes to the characters.

@deusex2 said in Race Evolutions Sugestion.:

Let's be honest here-too little funding is just as dangerous as too much finding.

How too much funding can be as dangerous as too little? 🤔

Which is why many people are sceptical regarding this project, regardless of dev's behaviour.

Many people are sceptical? I would say most people are hopeful.

Obviously, I wish this game success, but it isn't the first crowdfunded low budget MMO out there, and the majority are failures, sadly.

"Majority are failures" Are you sure about this? I am not saying you are wrong, but it is kind of heavy argument if it bases on your opinion. If you have gathered this information from somewhere I would actually like to read more about it.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tuoni said in Race Evolutions Sugestion.:

@deusex2 said in Race Evolutions Sugestion.:

How too much funding can be as dangerous as too little? 🤔

Many people are sceptical? I would say most people are hopeful.

"Majority are failures" Are you sure about this? I am not saying you are wrong, but it is kind of heavy argument if it bases on your opinion. If you have gathered this information from somewhere I would actually like to read more about it.

1)Star Citizen...

2)Plenty of people got burned by unsuccessful crowdfunding project. And when a person sees a low budget funding request, people are becoming skeptical, because how much can you do with such a little budget?

3)Show me one, low budget, crowdfunded MMO that is a success.

@deusex2

1. One example won't mean that getting a lot of funding is as dangerous as you get too little. Getting a lot of funding is rarely a bad thing and getting much less than expected and/or needed is almost always a risk.

2. This sounds more like your opinion, that people are sceptical of this project. I have not seen much sceptical attitude anywhere, most people have been hopeful. One thing for this is quite realistic schedule, open development progression and honest communication between community. If DS keeps it this way, there won't be much sceptisism around.

3. Do not roll that part for me, if you are saying that majority have been failures, I guess you should backup your story with some references and have some statistics as well. Otherwise this is also more like your opinion.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@deusex2

1. One example won't mean that getting a lot of funding is as dangerous as you get too little. Getting a lot of funding is rarely a bad thing and getting much less than expected and/or needed is almost always a risk.

2. This sounds more like your opinion, that people are sceptical of this project. I have not seen much sceptical attitude anywhere, most people have been hopeful. One thing for this is quite realistic schedule, open development progression and honest communication between community. If DS keeps it this way, there won't be much sceptisism around.

3. Do not roll that part for me, if you are saying that majority have been failures, I guess you should backup your story with some references and have some statistics as well. Otherwise this is also more like your opinion.

1)Star Citizen is the biggest and most relevant example. And it just goes to show exactly what can happen when the devs are showered with money for their promises and not for their work. At this point, the project is a meme, a black hole sucking in all the money it can.

But no, it's not the only example. Off the top of my head, there's also Amalur series, by 38 Studios. I'm saying series, because there was supposed to be an Amalur MMO and R.E. Salvatore was even working on a story for it. The game died, as well as the studio, because the man in charge was given a boatload of money, which he kept spending non-stop, instead of carefully managing it.

There's also Firefall. That development was a real hell, due to constant changes, but along with that, there were constant expenses.

I'm sure I can find even more such cases where large budgets were detriments, rather than help, but puting game development aside, we can take a look at all the lottery winners-there are countless lottery winners out there, who end up in a worse state than before winning tons of money-because they start spending large sums of money, which ends up causing them trouble. Same goes for many celebrities. That is because many people don't know how to handle large sums of money. That's just how people are.

2)The reason you're not seeing them here, is because they aren't here. Because they have doubts, so they are observing and waiting from the sidelines.

1. I've long since stoped following crowdfuning sites like KS and Indiegogo, so I can't provide you with extensive statistics regarding success of low budget MMOs. However, I can provide you with personal experience:

Divergence Online - failed, not enough funds died.

Pathfinder Online - got released, in a horrible state, due to low budgwt, died on release day.

Firefly MMO-another low budget MMO, simply dissapeared into unknown. Which is a damn shame, they've managed to gather the original gang as VA.

Those are three low budget MMO's I've backed. Now, do you have any knoedge of successful low budget MMO?

@deusex2

1. So you started to compare gaming studios to lottery winners and celebrities.. okay.. I think we should talk about business and how small amount of funding can be a business risk, but when getting more than expected it really won't be. Getting more funds just makes your work easier and you just can not put those two extremes on the same line.

2. Okay so those people who are not here have doubts.. and you know this because?

3. So you have not followed crowdfunding companies, but you can say from your own experience that majority of those games are failures.. hmmmm.. right. Kickstarter by its own has about 250 MMORPGs (MMOs on top) listed and on top of that other crowdfunding companies and their games. Just saying, that you can not say majority of those MMOs are failures if your sampling bases on few personal experiences.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I think that while trends can be helpful, each project should still always be considered and assessed on its own merits. The goals in Fractured are reasonable, the technology behind them sensibly accounted for, and the concepts appealing to a specific niche that is likely to have a stable income on the market to dedicate to a project that will appeal both to their nostalgia and desire for innovation. I do not, from the information we currently possess, see a reason to have any major concerns.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@deusex2

1. So you started to compare gaming studios to lottery winners and celebrities.. okay.. I think we should talk about business and how small amount of funding can be a business risk, but when getting more than expected it really won't be. Getting more funds just makes your work easier and you just can not put those two extremes on the same line.

2. Okay so those people who are not here have doubts.. and you know this because?

3. So you have not followed crowdfunding companies, but you can say from your own experience that majority of those games are failures.. hmmmm.. right. Kickstarter by its own has about 250 MMORPGs (MMOs on top) listed and on top of that other crowdfunding companies and their games. Just saying, that you can not say majority of those MMOs are failures if your sampling bases on few personal experiences.

1)You disregarded other game related examples I've brought up(additional exame-Repupulation), as well ad the main point behind bringing up the lottery-which is human nature. If a person gets his hands on more money than he van handle, than chances are he's going to mismanage those funds, gonna spend those funds on mant little small things that don't hurt individually, but add up quickly. As opposed to person having just enough funds to get the job done, which is forcing him to stay on the straight narrow and be focused on his main goal.

2)...because they are not here. We're in a MMO drought season. Do you know how many people out there are MMO starved? By all righta people should be jumping in on a promising bandwagon, but they're not. Because of being burned with all other crowdfunded projects earlier and because of skepticism.

3)I gave you few personal examples of LOW BUDGET MMOs that failed despite being funded. By all means, provide me with an example of low budget, crowdfunded MMO's that were a success. Not simply being funded, but still being alive and kicking.

1. Let's be honest here-too little funding is just as dangerous as too much finding.

I have been working in few startup companies and I am actually working in one right now. I am responsible of the financial side and I have to deal with fundings as well. So many companies are struggling with fundings, and their whole project is at danger just because lack of money. Now you are saying that they would be in same danger with a good amount of funds, because companies does not know how to handle situations like that? You got to be kidding me.

1. Sure, you can have your opinion.

2. the majority are failures

If we both mention few projects, it does not mean anything. The sampling would be so small to make any reasonable conclusions. That is why this your claim is totally absurd, because you already told yourself, that you do not have any statistics backup this argument. Anyway, here is few succesfull campaigns if you insist to know: Guns of Icarus Online, Edengrad, OrbusVr: Reborn to mention few from Steam and KS.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

1)I've never said having enough money would be bad, I've said having too much money, to the point of not knowing what to do with it-would be bad. In fact, I've said it earlier, that having just enough funds to keep project on the straight narrow would be the preferred way.

2)I thank you for giving me the permission.

3)Guns of Icarus Online-not an MMO, Adventure mode WAS aiming to provide a world to live in, aside from skirmishes, but that one didn't gathered enough funds and as a result, Guns of Icarus Online got updates with new content, but still wasn't made MMO. Which is a shame, pledged for Adventure mode, enjoyed the hell out of GoIO with my friends. Either way, GoIO is NOT an MMO and is sadly, a dying game, as it had less than 100 players within the last 24 hours. Steamcharts showed 56 played, Steamspy showed 68-either way, it's a dead game, sadly.

Edengrad-first line of search results revealed a review titled "So BAD it's GOOD." Looking at Steam page shows 258 positive and 223 negative reviews, checking Steamcharts shows zero players playing this game, on average, within 30 days. Steamspy shows "Peak concurrent players yesterday: 1" I think it's safe to call it a dead game, which is hardly a successful game.

OrbusVr: Reborn is actually something new, for me. Never really cared for VR games. And you'd think people with VR sets would care for a VR MMO, because MMOs are rarity this year, and so are good VR games...But both Steamcharts and Steamspy show peak concurrent players for the last 24 hours at, only, 54 people...Better than just one person online, but still makes that a dead game.

Can you provide an example of actually successful, low budget, MMO game?

I think it is safe to say any game can become a failure or success. Maybe you guys might want to talk about races again lol.

I personally would like to see humans evolve into humanoids and add more common races to the genre such as elves, dwarves and orcs for roleplay value.😃

@deusex2

"Let's be honest here-too little funding is just as dangerous as too much finding."

"I've never said having enough money would be bad"

That is why I spoke of danger..

"Captain a steampunk airship and fly with your friends in this thrilling MMO air combat game set in a post-apocalyptic world."

Damn those liars.

EDIT:

it isn't the first crowdfunded low budget MMO out there, and the majority are failures

I've long since stoped following crowdfuning sites like KS and Indiegogo, so I can't provide you with extensive statistics regarding success of low budget MMOs. However, I can provide you with personal experience

🤔

• This post is deleted!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@deusex2

"Let's be honest here-too little funding is just as dangerous as too much finding."

"I've never said having enough money would be bad"

That is why I spoke of danger..

"Captain a steampunk airship and fly with your friends in this thrilling MMO air combat game set in a post-apocalyptic world."

Damn those liars.

EDIT:

it isn't the first crowdfunded low budget MMO out there, and the majority are failures

I've long since stoped following crowdfuning sites like KS and Indiegogo, so I can't provide you with extensive statistics regarding success of low budget MMOs. However, I can provide you with personal experience

🤔

Please re-read carefully the whole sentence. I've said,"AS DANGEROUS AS TOO MUCH FINDING(yeah that one was supposed to be funding)." I've never said that having enough money to finish the project is bad, I've said having TOO MUCH money is bad. Having enough to finish the project and having too much money(so much money you don't know what to do with it) are two different things.

I've spent 31 hours playing GoIO. It's a skirmish with classical modes:DM, TDM, Control Point. You can play as a ship(with AI crew, if you don't have enough actual players), in a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 matches. Each ship can hold up to 4 players, so at most, it's 16 vs 16 players. Even BF has more concurrent players than that. It's not an MMO game.

Also, it's a dying game, still.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured