Gods, Gates, and Goods

• I hope this is the right area for this idea. I was reading some other posts that got me thinking. If there are gods, and they can affect Karma/abilities, they should also be able to affect the natural world(s) and materials.

Wouldn't it be cool if, say after a divine quests completes, you get to visit the home of the specific god and see them? Then you would be 'bestowed' your prize. Then, afterwards, they would ask you a question with three answers, and depending on the answer, they would also give you a 'key' that literally opened a door or portal at a specific location/time/setting that has a description you have to decipher.

Once deciphered, the key would become usable and a gate would open for you only. A one-time use. Inside the gate could be a game, maze, history, ruins, some kind of secret that with the correct action would reward you with a title, a pet, costume, mount, or some other goody. Weapon skins would be really nice.

This secret area could be tied to the history of the origin of the gods, why they couldn't stop the world from splitting, etc. What does everyone else think?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

we know there are gods, that isn't a hypothetical question.

• Okay: Edit for this: "If there are gods" to "Since there are gods" and it's not a real hypothetical question. I'm merely playing with an idea. What do you think about being able to see the actual gods in game? And discovering secrets is always fun.

• This post is deleted!

Divine retribution is all of its holy glory.

@Artien said in Gods, Gates, and Goods:

Okay: Edit for this: "If there are gods" to "Since there are gods" and it's not a real hypothetical question. I'm merely playing with an idea. What do you think about being able to see the actual gods in game? And discovering secrets is always fun.

the "if" was asking a hypothetical question. but that aside.

i have no desire to meet them. if i do, great! if not, i'll continue converting people to Babilis!

I hope this is the right area for this idea. I was reading some other posts that got me thinking. If there are gods, and they can affect Karma/abilities, they should also be able to affect the natural world(s) and materials.

Gods kind of affects already to the world, they have set rules for different races when they travel away from homeplanet. So in Fractured gods contributes to shape the world and give citizens some benefits, so they are not just passive operators on the background. This would actually back up your suggestion, but..

Wouldn't it be cool if, say after a divine quests completes, you get to visit the home of the specific god and see them? Then you would be 'bestowed' your prize. Then, afterwards, they would ask you a question with three answers, and depending on the answer, they would also give you a 'key' that literally opened a door or portal at a specific location/time/setting that has a description you have to decipher.

I know, that in some games players travels to halls of gods and actually meet those. Gods usually looks like humans, but they are distinctly bigger.. Anyway, I am not sure if players should actually meet the gods in Fractured and I would say keeping them more like mysterious operators would give more believable impression imho. So I would leave that F2F meeting totally away..

However, that key suggestion is still useable idea. Maybe gods can grant keys to loyal champions (without facing them), which could open some hidden treasure chests or secret layer in dungeons for example. So basically the god sends you for the final quest, where at the end waits the ultimate reward.

Moreover, It is relatively easy to create religions, factions or cults around different gods. These factions could live e.g. in dungeons where everything is themed after them. I do not want the bosses to be gods themselfs, but there can be some nasty minions which represent the god, and that way we can get the feeling to battle with rival cult and god.

@Tuoni
    Prometheus did say there would be very limited item drops. I'd love to see "god tier" or "legendary tier" armor, weapons, tools, and accessories. This could be the best way for them to enter the game. I'd only ask @Prometheus that these actually be limited to 1 each, ever in the game. Have some type of lore that the items need to be used to maintain their power so that if someone has an item and quits the game, the item would be returned to the god to be given again.

@Jetah I guess that sounds kind cool. I presume, that those relics could also be part of better rewards.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I don't really like the idea of being able to visually see the God's of fractured. If they take on an embodiment, then whats the purpose of Divine quests or Champions who carry out the quests? Why not complete the tasks themselves? Also, I think visually seeing the Gods removes some of the mystery that surrounds them. I like the idea of them speaking to their champions, so maybe some good voice acting for each of the Gods. They could still do everything your suggesting without embodying them. Its the job of the champion to manifest the God they worship. But that's just my 2 cents.

• This post is deleted!

@Crowdac said in Gods, Gates, and Goods:

I don't really like the idea of being able to visually see the God's of fractured. If they take on an embodiment, then whats the purpose of Divine quests or Champions who carry out the quests? Why not complete the tasks themselves? Also, I think visually seeing the Gods removes some of the mystery that surrounds them. I like the idea of them speaking to their champions, so maybe some good voice acting for each of the Gods. They could still do everything your suggesting without embodying them. Its the job of the champion to manifest the God they worship. But that's just my 2 cents.

Why do parents ask their child to do things when the parent could do it?

Laziness exist at all levels.

😳 I do not know about others, but my parents have ever threated me that way and I can not see why I would do anything like that to my kid. Sounds quite odd comment tbh..

@Jetah Or laws, agreements, or treaties between the gods to limit their power. That was common in several mythologies.

@FallenW1ng
    but why agree? that makes no sense to me!

• This post is deleted!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Meiki "They cannot care anymore to do mundane tasks and/or there is just too much to do, they might have tremendous power, but they are still not omnipotent"

Its a good point. I realize none of the "Gods" are omnipotent because that would require a Supreme God i.e. Odin or Zeus and from what lore I have read about fractured, so far, a God such as these do not exist. I think instead of calling the fractured Gods, "Gods" we should be using deities which is what most polytheistic religions use when referring to divine beings. Maybe the fractured deities acquire and use champions to complete their tasks not because of the monotony, but because they possess none of the attributes of a true God. Those attributes being, Omnipotence, Omniscience, Omnipresence. They are only, like you said @Meiki, powerful beings who rule over lesser beings.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Jetah lol

@Meiki

i dont see Babilis agreeing to that.

• This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured