House building related problems

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I have faced few house building related problems:

• Usually you need to click the target you are going to build at least two times. The first time moves you just on or next to the target.

• Few times I was building a part of the wall and sliding at the same time from one side to another.

• Three times there was a time when I could not build anything, this took about few minutes after started to work again.

• When I placed the last piece of a specific part of the house (for example wall 3/3). There is this weird delay before character starts to actually finish the part. Character gets back to standing stance and then gets back in to the business.

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni said in House building related problems:

I faced them too, with some additional observations:

• Usually you need to click the target you are going to build at least two times. The first time moves you just on or next to the target.

I tried to figure out a regular behaviour of this, but i think it is the pathfinding problem in general.
    Since for the action it needs a special gap between the building and the character to perform it, the angle of the path seems to have a big impact.
    My feeling is that the collision control of the later solid structure cross the action algorithm.
    But as i said, i am not quite sure, if it is really a repeating behaviour.
    Sometimes i could place the ressources fine, sometimes i had to readjust myself to click again.

• When I placed the last piece of a specific part of the house (for example wall 3/3). There is this weird delay before character starts to actually finish the part. Character gets back to standing stance and then gets back in to the business.

The Delay is all over, not just at building.
    I think the delay is from the reccource placing.
    I was placing a full cart of wood to the walls, means clicking the Cart Menu, taking the log, placing the log and clicking the cart again.
    Between ressouceplacing and being able to click the cart again, it had always a second delay.
    That means, you have the same delay after you placed the last ressource and start building.

The other both i can not confirm yet, did not experienced them.

• Wiki Editor

Beside this i have another point:

• When you building your Walls, the pathfinding of being able to place the ressources is not constistent. Some of the walls i could build from outside, at some of them my character walked from the outside the whole way to the wall inside.

@Kralith said in House building related problems:

Beside this i have another point:

• When you building your Walls, the pathfinding of being able to place the ressources is not constistent. Some of the walls i could build from outside, at some of them my character walked from the outside the whole way to the wall inside.

I was going to mention this problem next. In some situations I was able avoid the walk from outside to inside by clicking on a different spot of the wall, but in some situations my character just build the wall only from inside.

I faced them too, with some additional observations:

the angle of the path seems to have a big impact.

I noticed this angle thing already in A1. One thing what I have noticed, that if I am too close of the target, I need to walk few steps away and then try click again. Usually this helps, but still should not be in there.

The Delay is all over, not just at building. I think the delay is from the reccource placing.

Anyway, it is annoying. 😉

• Wiki Editor

@Tuoni eeks, did i wrote reccources instead of ressources? 😮 😂

@Tuoni eeks, did i wrote reccources instead of ressources? 😮 😂

Oh well, people do funny things when they are drunk.. 😜

• Wiki Editor

Some Update:

The delay seems to be gone in Build A2.1.2f

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured