Game shop opinion

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Re: suggestion on attracting huge mass of new players to buy FracturedMMO

I hope fractured make subing feel worthwhile but not mandatory.
    I think focusing on cosmetic changes like being able to dye armour mounts pets weapons special idle animation and cool looking magic effects
    plus a small amount of game shop gold to save up for cosmetics
    Do not have convenience items such as faster leveling more resources collection things that you have to have to have to be competitive this should not be in the vip.
    This is a buy to play game and imo should feel like a full game that doesn't need any pay for addons to enjoy

@Xzoviac All depends how much that VIP membership will eventually boost the progression. I have seen few forum post where is said, that this knowledge boost from VIP will be quite small. I can not editorialize at this point how I feel about that, and I think I have too see the benefit in use before making any conclusions or judgements.

However, your concern is valid imo, because some other games have not handle these optional subcription well. Usually these optional VIP / PREMIUM / PLUS packages are just camouflaged subcriptions, because the benefits are must have.

In Fractured VIP is planned to be account wide which is a good thing. And if they manage to keep the progression advantages relatively small, then I guess most of players will be satisfied with that.

I always refer back to Path of Exile with their shop and they don't have any subscription at all.

• This post is deleted!

@Xzoviac said in Game shop opinion:

This is a buy to play game and imo should feel like a full game that doesn't need any pay for addons to enjoy.

The thing is, this is an MMO with monthly server costs. A one time payment doesn't help with on-going costs. They need some way to get people to pay more than the purchase price of the game, and that means putting attractive value into any monthly subscription.

@Pwnstar said in Game shop opinion:

This is a buy to play game and imo should feel like a full game that doesn't need any pay for addons to enjoy.

The thing is, this is an MMO with monthly server costs. A one time payment doesn't help with on-going costs. They need some way to get people to pay more than the purchase price of the game, and that means putting attractive value into any monthly subscription.

Maple story, DOTA and CS:GO mange just fine with only cosmetics in store being online games with server costs. - a few of the top of my head

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki I understand your point but even if DOTA was not run by Valve, https://www.statista.com/statistics/807617/dota-2-revenue/

230mill was its lowest year in that graph ... don't think a Small company needs more then that to run its servers and make a profit , this is just off cosmetics,
    I get DOTA is way more popular, but this shows a cosmetic shop works and is highly profitable

If FRACTURED is a great game it will become just as popular, it does not matter if its a big company or not. (using mine craft as my evidence for this claim)

is difficult to make it worthwhile and not mandatory.

@Jetah said in Game shop opinion:

I agree its difficult but, as consumers we have come to accept and make excuses for company's saying, no one will buy game shop stuff unless its , op gives stats makes the game easier , has some kind of gamble box , or adds new content.

I Truly believe

New Ui,
    new music Voice over lines
    Mounts , pets
    Magic Animations
    Walk animations
    attack animations
    Character models
    Things like these will make insane money,
    these make a game more interesting, make people want to buy them, and Whales that are supper enthusiastic about the game will literally buy them all,

The problem is it takes more effort then adding a bag restriction, and then having to pay to add a number to your account (yay i now have 40 bag slots)

I cant be the only person that judges a game company by how much its willing to screw its player base for money?

@Jetah said in Game shop opinion:

I agree its difficult but, as consumers we have come to accept and make excuses for company's saying, no one will buy game shop stuff unless its , op gives stats makes the game easier , has some kind of gamble box , or adds new content.

I Truly believe

New Ui,
    new music Voice over lines
    Mounts , pets
    Magic Animations
    Walk animations
    attack animations
    Character models
    Things like these will make insane money,
    these make a game more interesting, make people want to buy them, and Whales that are supper enthusiastic about the game will literally buy them all,

The problem is it takes more effort then adding a bag restriction, and then having to pay to add a number to your account (yay i now have 40 bag slots)

I cant be the only person that judges a game company by how much its willing to screw its player base for money?

it can be all cosmetic. it doesn't have to be anything else. Path of Exile has proven it works (stash tabs aside) and to a smaller extent Warframe.
    UI had better not be behind a paywall. that should be LUA so that the community can develop UI mods.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki unfortunately I can only compare the things I have knowledge of that are similar, I dont know any small mmo company's off the top of my head, let alone ones That show a successful cash shops that players are also overall happy with.

• This post is deleted!

@Xzoviac

one thing i do like about GGG (path of exile) is the supporter packs they have. a 49.99 pack will have 50$ worth of cash shop currency with the other items. They release the supporter packs quarterly with their expansions while retaining 3 static packs. I'll highly recommend browsing their MTX and packs to get a feel for what they offer. then apply some of that toward Fractured (as I want Fractured to copy it). https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

I've purchased 6 supporter packs from GGG, totaling 980$. that's ~163$/year and that isnt including any shop currency i've purchased.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured