Pvp Guild wars

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Will there be a way to have wars like pvp 1v1s, 3v3s, 5v5s etc.. and not lose gear from losing and dying but the winner gains points for their guild

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Ashlez U mean arenas like on most MMOs?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Lucio I have no clue I don’t play many mmos

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I guess the headline was a little bit misleading here, because guild wars are rarely tide in MMORPGs on small 1v1 or 3v3 battles. In Albion Online GvG fights are mostly done via 5v5 environment, but those matches are almost all full loot and something that only part of the guilds have chance to do. What you are asking is something, which is somehow against Fractured DNA and most likely something what we are not going to see. However, there will be battles (sieges) where guilds are fighting control of towns and cities. Imo even that 5v5 would be too small scale battle when conquering whole towns.

Like @Lucio said, there might be some kind of arena, but if there would be, it can easily be totally out from guild wars and is more like for training or for having fun. Maybe some kind of ladders could be implemented with cosmetic rewards for example.

There might be a standard duel options, but I don't believe there will be a place (arena) that will protect you from losing gear, because that would interfere with full loot system, and people would abuse those spots as safe spots for AFKing, because they would know they would be safe from losing stuff there.

So if we happen to get some arenas that would award some special battle points, I don't think they would be excluded from gear loss mechanics.

@Gothix said in Pvp Guild wars:

There might be a standard duel options, but I don't believe there will be a place (arena) that will protect you from losing gear, because that would interfere with full loot system, and people would abuse those spots as safe spots for AFKing, because they would know they would be safe from losing stuff there.

So if we happen to get some arenas that would award some special battle points, I don't think they would be excluded from gear loss mechanics.

Well now you presumed that Arena would be something where you can queue from everywhere. If there would be an Arena, then the queue should be possible only inside town/city. That would remove possibility to safe AFK.

Full loot arena system would be even worse, because then people do not need to leave town/city to collect gear and make profit that way.

Some kind of arena system could work in Fractured, because this game focuses to cater different kind of players anyway. It can easily be non-loot battleground focused for training and it could help especially those PvE centric players to test out PvP. So it could promote some people to participate more to PvP side of the game. Also groups and guilds could train party combos there.

Even Albion has arena, not sure if needed though, but in Fractured it might work. Some people can argue that it effects negatively to open world PvP, but I am not so sure about that. It can also promoto it.

So IF arena would be a thing in Fractured. I hope it is non-loot, focused on training, no rewards or only cosmetics at most. Also arena could be a building that is needed to build in town/city before you can queue from there.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured