How I imagine starting on Tartaros would be...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I look forward to it.

@Tuoni
    i like the ability to chat to guild mates whether in game or not. If Discord was used then I could be in chat all the time via mobile, pc or in game. to me that's a great system. Sure there would be limitations, like item links but i believe those could be structured like HTML links so that clicking it would do the normal popup in game or open your browser to the item's DB page.

imagine getting home and seeing on your mobile that an attack will happen soon. you know then that you need to get on by x time so you can do somethings prior to the attack. if it was in game only, then you'd get a notification via discord on your phone on the events happening in game and that you need to be online now.

i played a game where the group (it was a 4-5 player coop arena match) was put in a discord voice chat to speak to each other. we could use the text chat but no one did. to me that was brilliant, let the company that specializes in communication do their thing and you just use parts of it. that's probably cheaper than developing your own voice chat system.

@Jetah said in How I imagine starting on Tartaros would be...:

@Tuoni
    i like the ability to chat to guild mates whether in game or not. If Discord was used then I could be in chat all the time via mobile, pc or in game. to me that's a great system. Sure there would be limitations, like item links but i believe those could be structured like HTML links so that clicking it would do the normal popup in game or open your browser to the item's DB page.

imagine getting home and seeing on your mobile that an attack will happen soon. you know then that you need to get on by x time so you can do somethings prior to the attack. if it was in game only, then you'd get a notification via discord on your phone on the events happening in game and that you need to be online now.

i played a game where the group (it was a 4-5 player coop arena match) was put in a discord voice chat to speak to each other. we could use the text chat but no one did. to me that was brilliant, let the company that specializes in communication do their thing and you just use parts of it. that's probably cheaper than developing your own voice chat system.

Well if the integration between the game and Discord would work without loosing any features, then it would be absolutly fantastic, no arguments there. Discord will be used by almost every guild anyways which would make all process smooth for sure. I am pretty sure you will get notification of incoming attacks already and someone will post a message to discord when that happens.

If I have understood right, Ashes of Creation is working with app, which you can use outside of the game to chat, but on top of that do some minor stuff without using computer. Like controlling your servants, managing your shop and farm, and things like that. That sounds also pretty awesome.

@Tuoni said in How I imagine starting on Tartaros would be...:

(...)Does any other MMO game use Discord full integration(...)

I have no idea, I don't play that many a modern MMORPG, but I seriously doubt it.

@Logain said in How I imagine starting on Tartaros would be...:

@Tuoni said in How I imagine starting on Tartaros would be...:

(...)Does any other MMO game use Discord full integration(...)

I have no idea, I don't play that many a modern MMORPG, but I seriously doubt it.

But now I am a little bit confused. How you know all those described features and even some additional benefits can be easily done if you do not have anything to refer with? Any game?

I don't see why game would integrate discord really.

It's an extra development resources... and you can simply make your discord account, and use it separately from the game.
    Imho, it's a waste of resources.

@Gothix said in How I imagine starting on Tartaros would be...:

I don't see why game would integrate discord really.

It's an extra development resources... and you can simply make your discord account, and use it separately from the game.
    Imho, it's a waste of resources.

it's cheaper to integrate with existing software than to build your own. question is whether Discord is still doing their games integration thing. people are going to use discord anyways, might as well make it work with in game chat. maybe you can't chat in local or other public channels but you can chat with guild/alliance or any private channels created.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured