Suggestions for porting a guild from another game?

• I'm GM of an active guild in another MMORPG. The group is casual and has many people who don't have tons of time to play, so the gameplay of Fractured seems like a good fit. Eyeing the eventual death of that game/ceasing of the existing guild, does anyone have experience selling a game transition to a large group successfully?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@miru said in Suggestions for porting a guild from another game?:

I'm GM of an active guild in another MMORPG. The group is casual and has many people who don't have tons of time to play, so the gameplay of Fractured seems like a good fit. Eyeing the eventual death of that game/ceasing of the existing guild, does anyone have experience selling a game transition to a large group successfully?

The most helpful way is for guild to have its own Discord channel with all the members signed in. Than it's very easy for each member to create his own account in Fractured website, and just connect with other members through discord channel, so you will know who is who in Fractured.

You (as GM) can then create your guild on Fractured website (Foundation -> Guild Profile).
    For example this is a guild I am in: https://fracturedmmo.com/guild-profile/id/229/

After that just link the web adress to your guildies through Discord channel, and they can join to your Fractured guild. 🙂

I agree with the Discord being a must. I have 84 active members on my discord (and several grandfathered ones that I won't prune) and players from old games in my personal friends list as well. I've just kept looking in on this game since last September, along with a number of other ones. We create new channels all the time for new games, we generally only get around 15 people porting to any new game at a time (so many are so heavily pay to win it gets too much to keep playing new ones)

I highly recommend making a chat even if you don't play fractured. Discord is so much better than Line app, telegram or any of the old chats like teamspeak. It's also one that allows other countries to use without blocking (I have one member who can sometimes voice chat with us from Dubai believe it or not!) We created a really cool translation bot for ours, so even players in our game that arent' in our guild can chat with us, no matter their first language. It brings a whole new level to the game.

I have an open room for fractured as well already, open to non guild members and there's several already in it. The sooner you start getting people interested, the sooner they'll join. I have only two others who will be in the alpha, but several purchased during kickstarter for beta, and those with less cash, for when it's open.

So it's totally doable to get them there, keeping them there is another story entirely.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

i am still in search of a group that would like tohoin a town. i would not like to see it wither away into a hamlet.... however twomore years of devekopment is a long time. invite me to your discord if you are into "negotiations" or introductions of some sorts...

@dordolio It's early times yet, I have have a couple fractured people on my discord. Currently we do a lot of propaganda posts between our Russian and American friends with some UK and Slovakian love and abuse thrown in. It's always quiet this time of year and most of our chat rooms are locked so the Fractured one is quiet and likely will be till the game is on.

But you are most definitely welcome there, feel free to jump in and chat. When you join the bot will ask you to say where you belong so that while I'm sleeping, someone else can give you access to the rooms you need. Just say you're from fractured, you'll have access to those rooms as well as our general non game chat, one of which is the propaganda bullshitting room. Oh, and the spam room if you want to play with the bot or the translator. I have it muted so often forget it is there.

I tolerate a lot on my discord, it's quiet right now so it might grow on you but I've had people tell me it's a little too edgy for them. That's just the political bullshit in the propaganda channel and a few resident trolls though. Feel free to join in or not, I expect our fractured rooms to pick up as soon as alpha/prealpha start. I will be locking one room as soon as prealpha starts, and we will make our own guild room as well. (I always have one locked one open, but in the case of prealpha, that room if I need to make it, will have to be private)

https://discord.gg/SUwz8Au

and if you haven't joined the fractured official one, then please do, you'll get coffee when it's quiet.
    https://discord.gg/nfqzfGR

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured