Importance of attributes triggering repetition?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@jetah said in Importance of attributes triggering repetition?:

What if some gear has attribute stats, and there’s gear that increases the stat cap.

According to everything we know, there isn't, and there will not be as it would interfere with core game stat mechanics.

@gothix
    We don't know everything about the gear though. We could get something like it in a year after release or a few years afterwards.

The devs appear to have the following goals:

• Diminish or eliminate grinding
    • Allow new toons to be nearly as capable as veteran toons

It seems like a bad idea to give new players the daunting task of selecting a mostly-permanent set of attributes without any experiential knowledge of gameplay mechanics, but the normal solution of giving everyone the same starting point, and having them grind to get attributes, doesn't seem to fit the dev goals.

With that in mind, I wonder about giving new toons the same base attributes (perhaps fitted to race, as suggested), and then including attribute augments with skills.

So, if enabled, skill A would add N to attribute Z. That means if you redid your skill build, you'd also redo your attribute augments. Any attribute customization would thus be handled organically by the skill customization mechanic.

Could make selecting a skill build even more interesting. (I'm assuming you get a starter set of skills that wouldn't be too far off the power of the best skills.)

@roccandil said in Importance of attributes triggering repetition?:

The devs appear to have the following goals:

• Diminish or eliminate grinding
    • Allow new toons to be nearly as capable as veteran toons

It seems like a bad idea to give new players the daunting task of selecting a mostly-permanent set of attributes without any experiential knowledge of gameplay mechanics, but the normal solution of giving everyone the same starting point, and having them grind to get attributes, doesn't seem to fit the dev goals.

With that in mind, I wonder about giving new toons the same base attributes (perhaps fitted to race, as suggested), and then including attribute augments with skills.

So, if enabled, skill A would add N to attribute Z. That means if you redid your skill build, you'd also redo your attribute augments. Any attribute customization would thus be handled organically by the skill customization mechanic.

Could make selecting a skill build even more interesting. (I'm assuming you get a starter set of skills that wouldn't be too far off the power of the best skills.)

My adjusting attributes idea wasn't grinding though as you'd be playing the game and the abilities you use the most would adjust your attributes. If you ever wanted to change from one 'class' to another then you could. You'd be weak at first but eventually would get your strength back. That'd never happen in a static attribute system, you'd have to start a new character.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured