Why is the Kickstarter (almost) failing.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@jetah I agree, but that is for me one more reason why the campaign should have been in 2 parts. You can't truly expect a lots of people to pay +1000$ for testing.

If you look at the KS, 11 peoples are paying for 35% of the total expected amount. In my opinion what they needed right know was finding this backers through other way, or with a KS special for expensive pack. It does look more like small (really small) investors than real KS backers.

If you look at the quantity of early birds remaining, you can see they were expecting a lot more people ready to pay small prices (100$ or less), but I truly think they had to much faith in peoples. People are ready to invest a bit of time in the forum everyday, but money for a project that will not be ready to play in like 3 years, I don't think so.

• Wiki Editor

@assassino The Vision of Fractured is so damn complex, you can't put all info in a single kickstarter page.
    Although there could be a short description or the link to the news where it is explained.

VIP Subcribtions are nothing bad at all.
    Especially at buy2play games, because that will give the Studio an extra commitment by players and a sure income.
    And people will use it, especially then, when they see, that you can even do all things without any VIP.
    Thats more a psychological thing.
    A VIP that seperate VIP from normal player, because they get content that others not can have, is a bad attitude in an announced buy2play or even free2play game. Many Studios did this way and nobody of us want such.
    Dynamight goes the way, where a VIP is a smooth thing. Slightly benefits, but not suitable for gaining extra power.

For Kickstarter, IF it fails, we won't get the stretch goals on website, but the packs will be there.
    But i still believe we can do it.
    Every small support helps!

• Wiki Editor

@edoudou said in Why is the Kickstarter (almost) failing.:

@jetah I agree, but that is for me one more reason why the campaign should have been in 2 parts. You can't truly expect a lots of people to pay +1000$ for testing.

A kickstarter is not for playing, a Kickstarter is for investing and supporting.

If you look at the KS, 11 peoples are paying for 35% of the total expected amount. In my opinion what they needed right know was finding this backers through other way, or with a KS special for expensive pack. It does look more like small (really small) investors than real KS backers.

As i see, you also count the Aristocat for this 11 People.
    And i can tell you, i am a real KS backer! 😛

I even would go higher, if i could.

If you look at the quantity of early birds remaining, you can see they were expecting a lot more people ready to pay small prices (100$ or less), but I truly think they had to much faith in peoples. People are ready to invest a bit of time in the forum everyday, but money for a project that will not be ready to play in like 3 years, I don't think so.

Many KS was made 2-3 or even 4 years before release of the game.
    Just to say.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

More or less everything got already said in this topic or the other one concerning the same doubt and question.

It is good that devs show more and more content/ideas on their updates, it obviously affects in a good way and more people are interested in funding it.
    And I am happy and glad that we get closer to our goal. 👏 👌

The only question which is left for me is, why the devs waited until now?
    They could have get many more backers if they had released it way earlier, in my opinion.
    If it was because the news/infos were not ready yet, I would have waited until they were, before starting my campaign on KS.

But that's just taking a guess, I'm sure they had their reasons.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@kralith maybe you are right it is not too early, I am.just trying to figure out what could have been done better. I truly hope KS will work (thx to you 😉 ).

Maybe you are right and it is not too early, but in my opinion it's still is, maybe in the other KS you are talking about, backers had more informations on gameplay or whatever.

I just think those are the problems because that what I heard the most around me.

I agree KS are not made to let people play early but to make them help devs, but I think as so many games use alphas and betas in the wrong way, just too make money on a not finished but still enjoyable game, and take excuses for all the bugs. I am really glad Fractured doesn't tend to follow this path, but that is the reason why I am not so fan of the early crossfundings and the alpha testers paying to be in the alpha. But it is hard not to do it this way nowadays...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I've just upped my pledge to Immortal after the most recent news feature on towns. They needed more info like this earlier on.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@edoudou
    they assumed their 35k registered accounts were all going to buy one tier but only the 400 currently active backed, that's .01%. Before the price changes, they had ~500k in value up for grabs.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured