[Tavern Roleplay] The Arcanist's Mill

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Trying to keep his balance, Lango took a look a panoramic view to the bar, and saw all the customers eyes looking at him. The drunk demon smiled as he can and murmured well they are not friendly.

As the glass was broken, his demon feelings wanted to take a bottle and start a mess, but his mind again stopped him. Instead, he brings up a canteen from his pocket, take a shot and put it on the table. Want a drink?, Offered calmly to Rikki. No one is going to get hurt, aside from my liver.

((Sorry my bad english too, Argentinian here))

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Rikki returns a warm smile at the cheerful demon.

"Well, perhaps that is the reason why we are at constant war, is it not?" She says, quickly glancing at Glim.

Finally putting away her pipe, she turns to the drunk one. Noticing his struggle against his violent thoughts, she speaks carefully.

"I believe I've had my share of drinks for the night. But the offer is greatly appreciated."

She looks around, stopping for a moment in the shy Erwydra's direction, as if she was examining her. Suddenly, the same blue glow appears in Rikki's eyes again.

"I should encourage you to leave as soon as possible, but I have a feeling you will not listen. So at least, stay out of trouble. And keep those healing incantations on the tip of your tongue."

(@Lango Hey! Good to see a fellow Argentinian ^^)

• TF#3 - ENVOY

(For a bit of context on how the beastmen are reacting to the demons entering the tavern, many of them are mercenaries and have fought with them in the past. Glim has spoken earlier in the story about a particularly bad encounter. They are all incredibly wary and are certainly on the defensive.)

“Your friends are getting impatient, wizard.”

Malyvern flinches slightly, and the hairs on his neck twitch as the words ring in his ears. He looks to either side in an attempt to find the source, but perhaps the stress of the situation is beginning to set in. An epiphany seems to flood his mind. The mage dips his hand into his pocket to retrieve the bag of herbs Telwath had given him earlier.

Eheo Root, Heart Hyssop, Ochemeg, Massenise. This will do.

The mage turns to the bartender once more and orders a Dark River Stout. The bartender places a pitch black pint on the bar in front of the mage. Malyvern grips the bundle of Arborean herbs in his hand and allows his eyes to lull. He murmurs for a moment, and the herbs fall into the pint. The drink swirls and froths, flowing over the pint glass until it comes to a sudden ease.

“I should see to my friends,” says the mage and motions towards the beast-kin. He smiles and leaves his seat by the bar.

Ixuo watches Malyvern approach with apprehension, but welcomes the drink the mage presents him. “This should do,” says Malyvern, “you won’t find a drink like this elsewhere on Syndesia, my friend.”

• TF#10 - CONSUL

"I didn't know some good transactions was a reason of constant war" says the demon to Rikki.

He took a sip of his drink, and noticed the glow in her eyes.

"Oh, you have really nice blue eyes. Or was it only a reflection ?"

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Looking back at the demon, her eyes return to normal, and she giggles.

"You have definitely had too much to drink, friend. I was referring to the lack of conversations between demons and beastmen. And I'm not sure what glow you're talking about." She says, winking.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The demon looks at his drink with a sceptical pout.

"Hum, normally, it's a soft drink, maybe the bartender have add something... Who knows ?"

He took an other sip of his drink and, after have put it on the bar, he tightened his hand to the Erwydra

"And by the way, I'm Esher"

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

[A hooded figure moved quickly by the trees as the wind blew carelessly in the leaves following its directions. The quick steps started to slow down as their breathing became heavier, their breath becoming visible in the contrast of heat between their own heat and the cold air surrounding them. As the hood fell down their shoulders it revealed a young woman with dark locks of hair, tied up in a ponytail. ]

Her sharp green eyes watched as a tavern nearby was lighting up, shining like a star in the midnight sky from the bright light coming from the warm inside. Chise could feel how her hands started to shiver as she made her way closer towards the tavern. The idea of alcoholic beverage wasn’t that bad either as the young woman had been on the move for a few days, alcohol had been a distant thought.

When Chise entered the building it was clear as day that majority, if not all the people visiting the tavern this night was long gone from the sober world. Standing by the entrance she let her eyes scope out the area to see what she had to work with. To her surprise there was quite a mixed group of people not far from here that seemed to have spent at least a few hours in the tavern.

While keeping a eye on the party that was peaking her interest, Chise went up to the bartender and smiled.

“Surprise me. “ she said. Her voice being smooth like butter and that could easily bring people's attention away from her words and instead focus on the sound of her voice.

Despite being on a traveling foot quite often, this was the first time Chise had met any other race than her own. Humans was nothing compared to the demons that reached her eyes.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath nods to Ixou, holding himself back. Still, he remains watchful and careful. And concern washes over his face as he sees the unknown Erwydra in the midst of all three demons. Focusing himself, he draws a breath, then starts forward, taking a seat to address her at the bar, while keeping all three of the demons in full view. "There seem a great many of our kin here tonight." He grins lightly, it a little forced. "I wonder if Nelena had plans for us." He spoke their Goddess' name quietly, reverence threading through his tone.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Rikki shakes the demon's hand with a wide smile on her face.

"It's a pleasure. The name's Rikki."

Shifting her attention to the newly approached Wolf-kin, she examines him from head to toe, and giggles.

"I would not know, I am not particularly fond of the Gods." she mutters, trying not to upset the Udoadra. "It's good to see another one of us isn't afraid to have a chat with demons, however."

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath shakes his head, tapping his staff to the ground. "I'm not seeking a conversation with them, I'm having it with you. And each sees the Gods their own ways, I won't challenge your views." He pauses. "Though I'm curious to what set them against you." He runs a hand through the fur on his head. "And my own name is Telwath."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

With the entrance of a third demon and everything around him going so quickly Glim stands up from his seat slowly and walks towards the door of the tavern, tensed and deliberate. He shoves open the door into the cold of the night, his breath in the air.
    'If I hear anything I'm busting inside.' Glim thinks to himself, crossing his arms across his wide chest and leaning against the wall. Brooding silently, trying to remain calm.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Rikki shakes her head slowly, and exhales.

"So I see. The name's Rikki. There have been many things that influenced my relationship with them, and I'd rather not go into detail with a situation such as this is on our hands-" Suddenly, she notices Glim heading for the door.

"If you'll excuse me, I have a matter to attend to." She speaks calmly, heading for the tavern door. With a final wink in the shy Erwydra's direction, she exits the tavern.

She notices Glim standing by himself, and starts heading towards him. She speaks under her breath, and suddenly her fingers light up. She draws a symbol on the air in front of her, conjuring a mild calming spell.

Now standing next to the bear, she softly speaks "Feeling better?".

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Glim allows the spell to wash over him, calming him.

"Aye, I feel better." He grunts. "Those demons don't belong here. No matter, their dark goddess Babalis will bring them back to their hell hole." He spits and then draws the sign of Tyros in the air.

"Thank you for the spell, little one." Glim says, almost as a second thought.
    "Wait.. you were the Ewrydra that warned me when I had left the podium. Excuse me for being so blunt, I had a lot to think about." Glimheim says baring his teeth in a smile.

"I'm Glim." He grunts, holding out his paw to invite a handshake.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As the woman said 'surprise me', the demon saw a chance of making new friends. Looking to calm his instincts, he offered a sip from his canteen with a cheerful stil drunk smile, but at the same time his inner voice told him that some fresh air may help.
    He stood up, throwing the stool in a clumsy way and falling in the floor. In four legs he made his way to the door and hear Rikki talking to Glim, and stepped out the bar.
    The cold wind hit throught his bones and with a finger he started a small fire in his hand. "Still easy even drunk", said his mental companion. He aproached the beast-kin.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

The Ewrydra smiles, and shakes Glim's hand with a firm grip.

"Don't worry about it. I understand that feeling." a smile forms on Rikki's face. "I'm Rikki."

Her attention then shifts to the drunk demon, making his way towards them. 'Here we go' she thinks to herself.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath stilled as Rikki left, finding himself the subject of two demons and an unknown human. His gaze passed over them and he forced himself to not retreat. That might be seen as a sign of weakness and one to exploit. So instead he drummed claws to the bar, staff held in a protective fashion as he quietly asked for another drink, paying little attention to what he actually ordered.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Esher looks at the drunken demon going outside.

"I wonder who will be able to come again to the tavern" says him in the direction of Telwath. "And you, dear Udoadra, what are your bet ? As I think I have an idea"

( @WhoAteTheCat Babillis is a god, not a goddess x) )

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

(OOC) Drew my demon for you guys! alt text

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath pauses as he's addressed by Esher, considering and then taking a breath and turning to face and address the demon, face calm as he lets the serene aura he carried from the natural magic of home flow around him.

"My bet? That I should remember to not carry hatred for you and your own kin." He gestures as he speaks. "You are as your God made you to be, as we are also what we were made to be. Our natures are set and defined, and hatred is pointless to dwell on." A rueful chuckle. "In the end, it's the humans who are free to choose their natures, to turn to us or to you and to decide both our fates." He leans forward, speaking softly. "But understand this. You are cunning and you are ruthless, but we will not let your take their souls and world without challenge."

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Esher started to laught at the Telwath's words.

"No hatred, maybe, but what about fear ?" saying the last word in a whisper. "Do you think hatred can come from fear ?"

He leaned back on the back of the chair.

"And I'm proud to see you will fight for your soul, it's pretty useless to fight against an ennemy that already gave up. I'm not a big fan of bloodbath, but sometimes it's good for the demon skin" says him with a smile.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured