[Tavern Roleplay] The Arcanist's Mill

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Ruve takes note of Glim’s offer and returns to the rest of his trading company. He suggests that they are somewhere outside of the town and says that he will be back in a few days to discuss arrangements.

Back in the tavern, Alexander the Bard continues to play tunes and the mood is merry. The patrons of the Arcanist’s Mill are otherwise undisturbed by the events outside.

Malyvern settles in for another cloudy cider, and sits at the bar.

Ixuo sits with Glim, “I’m tired of these human drinks, boss,” he says, “we need to find somewhere that sells Arborean grog.” He motions to Telwath and places his elbow on the table, "how about a challenge to test the new one?"

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Drags himself through the door stinking and covered in mud strolls right up to the bar brushing shoulders with folk in his path

Give me your strongest ale

Persist to drink it in one as folk behind him stare in disgust

Hmmph, look at these fools pretending to be something their not. The demon thinks to himself.

Proceeds to order another drink from the mut behind the bar

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

((OOC - YASSSSS a Demon! Welcome @bessworth 🙂 ))

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

"You'd all be welcome to visit our home with me." Telwath told Ixuo with a nod. "The Pack would always welcome visitors, and the chance for tales beyond our own borders. Part of why I'm here." He chuckled, tapping his staff. "I'd not be doing any sort of wrestling with you till the ichor's out of your fur though. Leave it too long, it'll dry and that'll be even worse to get rid of. I've fought snarls before."

He stopped as a demon marched in though, immediately taking to his feet with a low pitched snarl and gripping his staff with one hand as he rose the other in a claw, lupine eyes focused and hard. A step, one, two and he was between the new arrival and Mimi's sleeping form.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

(OOC @Mimi Salute!)

Don't worry. The demon mutters in his glass. I ain't here for trouble just to quench my thirst.

The demon continues to stare into the bottom of his now empty glass

• TF#3 - ENVOY

[OOC: We have a discord, Bessworth. You're welcome to join us there https://discord.gg/Wh6s5hF)

Malyvern takes a seat next to the demon. His posture is relaxed. “Empty glass?” he says, comfortably, “this round’s on me.”

The mage tips his hand to the bartender, who is doing his best to remain calm. This isn't the Singing Grotto, where they're somewhat used to the occasional demon. The bartender sets down two shot glasses and with a wave of the mage's hand, a flame appears above each one.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Glim sits back straight in his seat when the demon enters, an obvious look of fear and anger crossing his face. He stands up with a start, his chair flying backwards across the room. He shakes his head, spittle flying from his jowls. He releases a deep, rumbling from the back of his throat. He steps towards the demon slowly. It has his back to him. This should be over quickly.

But Malyvern is already there. Buying it a drink. Glim stands up straight. Relaxing ever so slightly. Looking around the room he can see that all his men had done the same thing without instruction.

Surrounding it. He looks at the floor, then back up to his men. Doubt crossing his face. He shakes his head as if to say. ‘If Malyvern trusts it.. him. Then I’m not going to kill him now. We’ll wait for a reason.’ Though ixuo doesn’t look yo sure. Glimheim narrows his eyes at his Chadra friend. ‘keep an eye on him.

Glim retreats slowly back to his seat. Sitting down with a huff. Leaving his cider un-drunk.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Resting in a corner since no one knows, Lango was sitting in a chair watching all Arcanist Mill's customers. When he sees a demon drinking with a human, he tries to stand up but as we all know, it's hard when you already drank too much.

Never is too much, Lango replied to his own head. And with a new effort, he started walking towards the bar.

Standing beside the demon, He ordered a pint of a strong Thornroot Ale and took a look to Malyvern whit the corner of his eye.

((Lango is a Blood Demon, with more ages than anyone can count. He don't have any noticeable war mark but far more weird, it seems like he has some human flesh in his neck and head. He wears a white shirt and black throusers, a purple coat tied in the neck with golden details. His hood covers part of his head, his foots are naked and just one glove in the right hand, but it doesn't cover his fingers))

• TF#5 - LEGATE

The hooded Erwydra shakes her head at the sight of the demon before closing her book and standing up. She slowly starts making her way over to the bar, letting clouds of smoke exit her mouth every now and again. Calmly, she takes a seat by the demon and the mage, and finally removes her hood.

"Your kind never learn, demon." she mutters, almost whispering. "Look around. You just walked into a death trap. I understand your people have a thirst for blood, but I would ask not to quench it tonight."

She then cleans her pipe, and places some fresh tobacco in it as she orders more mead.

"But, mayhap you're not as bad as the rest of your kind. There's a look in your eye. Perhaps that's why that Nheedra and his men haven't confronted you yet. Or why this mage is drinking alongside you."

Letting out a soft chuckle, she exhales "I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens. The name's Rikki, by the way."

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath moved to Glim's side, a hand lightly resting on the Nheedra's shoulder. "Their nature will betray them." He speaks softly. "They'll turn to hunt and kill and harm, sooner or later. We are ready for when they do." He nodded lightly. "Let them reveal themselves first." He stilled as Rikki moved to join the two demons, exhaling slowly. "And if they harm her." He spoke softly to Glim. "I'll all too happily join you."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

He looks at the Udoadra... his new friend... in silent thanks, nodding silently.
    "They will not have mercy. Any violence or threats of it, and I'll have their skulls in my paws.." He holds out his hand in front of him, closing it down on a make believe head.
    "Thank you, Telwath." He says.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

By now the entire tavern has their eyes on the two demons. Malyvern shares a knowing look with Rikki and smiles at her introduction.

“You've got everyone's backs up,” says Malyvern to the pair of demons either side of him with a slight chuckle. “You know I've spent some time on Tartaros. Can't find Agony Branch nowhere else, and it's an essential ingredient in some potent potions," the mage muses. "I'd wager you’re taking a mighty risk coming to a human tavern like this.”

Ixuo however, has not stopped watching the pair of demons since they appeared. His grip on his axe is as tight as when they were confronted by the arachnid earlier in the day. He looks to Glim and Telwath with a snarl that says “what’s that blasted mage doing now?”

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

What's going on? Mimi rubs her eyes feeling much better after drinking the potion someone had left for her, Why is it so tense in here?

Hearing Malyvern she seeks out his voice and sees him at the bar with the Erwydra from the corner, she looks so calm and sure of herself Mimi thinks wistfully, watching the beast-kin lean casually against the bar, fiddling with her pipe.

Starting to wake up more she notices a smell in the stuffy air of the tavern that wasn't there before. Something cruel and unforgiving wafting over the smell of stale ale and tobacco.

One of the people at the bar turns toward Malyvern and says something, not a person, she corrects herself, a demon. Two demons. Mimi's mother told her once that demons weren't necessarily evil, but reveled in war and conflict, finding beauty in cruelty the same why we found beauty in our kindness towards others and nature. Mimi is extremely curious but not enough to approach the bar and certainly not to even consider it with the way Glim and Ixuo are reacting.

Seeing she is awake, Telwath passes her a mug of water, sprinkling some kind of pale powder in with a wink, making Mimi duck her head in embarrassment, instinctively clutching her left antler.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

The demon slyly looks behind him
    "Hmph, this wouldn't be the first place", the demon replies to Malyvern. "Just here for a drink, nothing else"

"Names Bess" says the Demon stiffly to Malyvern and Rikki

• TF#10 - CONSUL

(Ah, the presence of an other demon makes me want to join ^^ please excuse me if I'm doing wrong, first time Rp on a forum ^^ and excuse my english, I'm a poor little french 😛 )

The door opens, and a demon walks into the tavern with a half-smile on his face. He reached the bar, shaking his head with the people that he crossed some look and put a little nut on it.

"Hello everybody ! Barkeeper, a soft drink for me, please. The day was pretty good, and I need something refreshing."

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath blinks as the sense of a third demon washes over him. He turns from where he was about to speak to Mimi, his instincts kicking in. Fight or flight competed as he let out a low growl , energy flickering around his staff as he sought natural energy to draw upon. The energy flickered over Malvynn and the other Beastmen present, sharpening their reflexes and strengthing their hides to the conflict he saw happening. Demons were cunning. They had planned this to attack their enemy en masse.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

(@Esher , your English is great. Let me know if you need any help. You can join us on our discord server too https://discord.gg/Wh6s5hF)

The lights in the Arcanist’s Mill are noticeably dimmer and the fire from the log burner has all but worn down to a glimmer of chilled embers. With the presence of three demons in the tavern, some of the locals are beginning to get uneasy. Malyvern begins to wonder if there has been a rift between worlds, and this may be the sign of something changing in the way Syndesia and Tartaros connect. Fascinating, thinks the mage, so many in one room, and with an army of beastmen too. His heart skips momentarily with a curious glee, and his stomach throws a tantrum. He turns his head and counts the beast-kin, and wonders, “who would win?” but he resists the urge to poke the fire. He’s been burned by such games before.

“Name’s Bess,” says the demon to Malyvern’s right. The mage gives him a courteous nod, “Malyvern,” says the mage, “though your kind know me by another name.”

Scenes of brutish savagery are playing out in Ixuo’s mind’s eye and he is fighting a battle within himself not carry them out. It’s a primal, intense feeling brought on from generations of conflict. Still, he places a paw on Telwath’s shoulder and gives him a look that says, “not yet.” With a long, drawn out breath, he turns to his Nheedra friend, who has proven to be the moral compass in times like these.

“I need a drink,” says the Chadra, boldly and far too loud. A thought that became a shout. “A real drink." He knocks the glass of cider on the table over. It shatters with a loud crash, and the splinters fly across the room.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

(Thanks ^^ I'll join, maybe, but I don't like to talk, my accent is really bad 😛 And if you need somebody to make some draw, I can, I already did my demon ^^ )

The demon took a glance at the chadra, the half-smile still on his face.
    "Somme people seem to be pretty stressed" says him to Malyvern. "You really should give him something strong."
    And after a quick look on the floor, "And clean this quicly, it will be so bad if somebody get hurt by walking ont it..."

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Quickly glancing at the now three demons, Rikki reaches to her pocket and pulls out a shiny silver coin. After inspecting it for a few moments, she flicks it up in the air. The coin, however, doesn't seem affected by gravity, as it just floats a couple of centimeters up in the air. The Erwydra smiles, a faint blue glow filling her eyes. Seconds later a voice resonates in Malyvern's mind.

"Your friends are getting impatient, wizard. I believe you should calm them down before this tavern is witness to a bloodbath. Unless you truly wish to know who would win."

The coin finally falls into Rikki's hand, who places it on the bar as payment. She then turns to the new Demon.

"Welcome, friend. If you do not mind my asking, what's got you in such a good mood?"

• TF#10 - CONSUL

His half-smile becoming an entire smile, the demon tilted his head on the side.

"Oh, I never thought a beastman will talk with a demon." His smile became more larger and he half-closed his eyes. "And I never thought a beastman will want to know what can make a demon happy..."

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured