Authenticator

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Will we be able to protect our accounts with an authenticator? I assume so but I just need to be sure.

• DymStudios - CEO

@vengu said in Authenticator:

Will we be able to protect our accounts with an authenticator? I assume so but I just need to be sure.

You will :slight_smile: We'll implement it when the first alpha tests get live and account stealing will sadly become a real risk.

Of course, we're not talking of the Fractured user database being hacked as we're using the best protections available. Plus, even if it that happened, passwords are stored hashed with slow algorithms and unique salts - brute-forcing them is technically impossible.

The scenario we're talking about it that of a player whose account got compromised on other web portals (that got hacked and didn't store passwords safely) and who used the same password for Fractured - something that is out of our control and that only an authenticator can indeed stop.

That being said, there's another way you anyone can minimize that risk - by checking out all your email addresses here to see if they've been involved in a security breach, and if so, change all the passwords that you're reusing.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Thanks for the answer. 🙂 And yeah, if databases get hacked that's a different beast, and your responsibility. 😠

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured