Memorizing spells/attacks

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

By memorizing is it in the way that it literal.Like do we actually have to memorize ig spells or is something in the game that allows you to learn an attack? Can you clarify i am quite confused in this aspect.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@corruptedknight

id imagine it's just a RP way to swap your skills and to limit how many you have have slotted at once.

IE in wow the characters memorize all of the skills. in GW the character could select only 5 and 1 elite.

Lets assume fractured will allow us to slot 6 skills. when you're near a fire you can move up to 6 skills around. There could be a few second delay to 'memorize' them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@corruptedknight said in Memorizing spells/attacks:

By memorizing is it in the way that it literal.Like do we actually have to memorize ig spells or is something in the game that allows you to learn an attack? Can you clarify i am quite confused in this aspect.

If your INT stat is high enough, you can take more abilities with you than you can fit on the action bar. Those excess abilities are the "memorized" abilities. It says so in the spotlight about character creation. We don't have to memorize them literally. 😛

Memorized VS In-Hotbar Abilities
    As we explained above, the amount of abilities you can memorize during a resting phase is not fixed. This means their number can be greater than what fits the ability hotbar at the bottom of your screen! How are you able to use them all in combat then?
    Well, you can’t – not at the same time at least, since spells in your hotbar are the only ones you can actually cast. At any time when out of combat, however, you can take an ability out of the hotbar and replace it with a memorized one of your choice. This operation is not restricted as resting phases are – it’s enough you aren’t in the middle of the action really!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@vengu said in Memorizing spells/attacks:

If your INT stat is high enough, you can take more abilities with you than you can fit on the action bar. Those excess abilities are the "memorized" abilities. It says so in the spotlight about character creation. We don't have to memorize them literally. 😛

As we explained above, the amount of abilities you can memorize during a resting phase is not fixed. This means their number can be greater than what fits the ability hotbar at the bottom of your screen! How are you able to use them all in combat then?
    Well, you can’t – not at the same time at least, since spells in your hotbar are the only ones you can actually cast. At any time when out of combat, however, you can take an ability out of the hotbar and replace it with a memorized one of your choice. This operation is not restricted as resting phases are – it’s enough you aren’t in the middle of the action really!

I remember a game where you needed the mouse cursor (was a hand) and had to move in certain patterns to cast spells. it was a horrible system.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@jetah said in Memorizing spells/attacks:

@vengu said in Memorizing spells/attacks:

I remember a game where you needed the mouse cursor (was a hand) and had to move in certain patterns to cast spells. it was a horrible system.

I think i know what you're talking about. Interesting concept, not player friendly though. I'm sure that this system will be though!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Memorizing spells/attacks:

@corruptedknight

id imagine it's just a RP way to swap your skills and to limit how many you have have slotted at once.

IE in wow the characters memorize all of the skills. in GW the character could select only 5 and 1 elite.

Lets assume fractured will allow us to slot 6 skills. when you're near a fire you can move up to 6 skills around. There could be a few second delay to 'memorize' them.

pretty much what I would expect too.
    I mean players will end up memorizing the skills themselves if they play enough of the game!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

i see thanks vengu and everyone for answering.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured