Are the Angels still planned?

• The "challenge" to become an Angel sounded too fun.

Don't see any posts related to recently...

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Hipalian no demon yet, so no angels.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Demons are supposedly coming first along with potions in Early Access, but their planet is currently a bit lower on their list of priorities due to more concerning aspects of their game that need addressing.

I want to believe the ability to turn into an Angel or an Abomination will come along with the Demons, since Demons would have a very hard time trying to earn knowledge on Arboreus without being able to become good, but I wouldn't be hopeful about it coming soon.

• I mean, people that choose to be demons are signing up for what they get. I have no sympathy for em nor do I want to do anything to make it easier for them. The design of the three worlds and the Good, Neutral, and Evil nature of them (and their inhabitants) is an important aspect of the game. Demons should not have it easy on Arboreus just like good Wildfolk will not have it easy on Tartaros.

It's worth mentioning that you need about 1.5 "planets" worth of knowledge to hit rank 50. Everything past that is for show. Demons should be able to max out on Tartaros and Syndesia.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Yalah said in Are the Angels still planned?:

I mean, people that choose to be demons are signing up for what they get. I have no sympathy for em nor do I want to do anything to make it easier for them. The design of the three worlds and the Good, Neutral, and Evil nature of them (and their inhabitants) is an important aspect of the game. Demons should not have it easy on Arboreus just like good Wildfolk will not have it easy on Tartaros.

I don't think this topic, nor anyone's responses, have anything to do with morality.

They asked about Angels, and I simply answered with an explanation as to why I believe Angels may come sooner (yet to not be hopeful about them coming sooner given the developers' list of priorities).

It's not as if those anticipating Demons expect an easy time nor a yellow brick road to becoming an Angel. They know—or at least should—what they signed up for by picking that race. Lastly, knowledge doesn't just apply to the points. I'm also implying abilities/spells exclusive to other planets.

• @Fi I have no idea why you think I was talking about morality in any way. Literally none.

My response is saying that the 3 world design of the game means, by necessity, that natural inhabitants of Tartaros should find it difficult to do anything on Arboreus and the same thing in the opposite. Any player choosing to be one or the other is signing onto the consequences of those choices (and the consequences of becoming an Angel or Abomination).

"Angels should be added since Demons will have a hard time on Arboreus," (my words) is thinking incorrectly about the point of Angels and Abominations. By becoming one of those you should be irrevocably changing the nature of your character. An Angel is turning it's back on what it means to be evil and part of Tartaros. An Abominiation is turning it's back on what it means to be Good and part of Arboreus.

It will be very disappointing if the "combination races" are changed from this original design to just a different skin option for the player model.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Yalah said in Are the Angels still planned?:

I have no idea why you think I was talking about morality in any way. Literally none.

Because you commented with this...

I mean, people that choose to be demons are signing up for what they get. I have no sympathy for em nor do I want to do anything to make it easier for them.

That is about morality and your feelings regarding their moral misconduct. No one is talking about that here nor cares.

My response is saying that the 3 world design of the game means, by necessity, that natural inhabitants of Tartaros should find it difficult to do anything on Arboreus and the same thing in the opposite.

No one said anything about wanting races with an innate alignment that isn't neutral to have an easier time exploring opposing planets.

Demons and Wildfolk can work towards becoming a member of their opposition through karmic transformation which allows them to explore a planet that would normally fight to expel them. The game already makes the latter easier for them to do. All they need to do is work for it.

"Angels should be added since Demons will have a hard time on Arboreus," (my words)

Then your words are incorrect and a misunderstanding that could have been rectified by asking for a clarification rather than taking what was said out of proportion to the detriment of this discussion.

is thinking incorrectly about the point of Angels and Abominations.

It is one of the points of becoming an Abomination or an Angel.

Choice, as well as personal reasons behind that choice, regarding the races and what they can('t) do or become isn't black nor white.

By becoming one of those you should be irrevocably changing the nature of your character. An Angel is turning it's back on what it means to be evil and part of Tartaros. An Abominiation is turning it's back on what it means to be Good and part of Arboreus.

...which some people want to do and already know—what I, OP, and several others plan to do once it is possible.

• @Fi Yep. Added to the list. shakes head

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Yalah I really don't care. Next time, do better about handling your need to lecture or devolve discussions into something that was not originally intended by the OP.

I'm sorry you're unable to accept when you've done something wrong or unnecessary.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured