Fractured Online - Free Week

A player managed to make it work with this:

if you go into your glyph settings and enable beta client updates then logout of glyph close it and re login you should be able to get it to install for free. This worked for me, in case anyone else askes you the question in the future. Game is installing now.

• @spoletta said in Fractured Online - Free Week:

Some players are having this issue, we have to wait for a fix.

SOME players? Even if you make a BRAND NEW account, you're still asked to buy the game.

lol

Well yeah, most of the players are playing without issues. Check if that fix works for you.

• @TsunamiEX It's not 'all' players, so 'Some' seems accurate. I did make a new account and managed to install the game, though had to restart glyph. Was yesterday when the free week started.

.. though have to admit that I already uninstalled again after less than an hour of playing, just couldn't get into it. I'll wait till its more fleshed out and polished before I maybe give it another try in the future. Only got to the bandit camp in the tutorial before I decided to quit. Seeing like 10+ 'dead' bandit mobs -standing- around in the camp (mouse says 'cant loot this' so apparently bandits killed by other players - but the model standing upright as if alive) and having to wait around to spot a living bandit that freshly respawned .. really killed any appeal for me currently. The bandit camp is a rather small area, and even with just 3-5 players there it becomes hard to actually get kills for the quest. For a MMO that would be expected to deal with 'masses' of players, this seems really badly designed.

The issue with the standing corpses was just fixed, but if you prefer to wait for a more polished state, I understand that.

• Content Creator

@Chyro The tutorial island is a whole new thing for this game, only introduced with the beginning of the open beta, so like anything else, it is going through growing pains as it has its own fresh set of bugs to iron out. Previously, you started in one of the main starter towns with a list of starter quests to guide you, but the tutorial is one of the things we the testers had asked for and recently received.

Actually, in a lot of ways, it is early to do a free week, so those participating should feel lucky to get in on a beta week so soon. This way your truly beta testing, not jumping in on an early access product, but getting in on the part where you can find bugs, make suggestions, etc...

Welcome to the new players, by the by!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured