PVP World - Concern on ruleset

• Hi all,

I just want to express a bit of concern I have regarding the PVP world. This hasn't been released yet, so anything here is just theory and thoughts. Firstly, I decided to support this game based on the fact that I want to play on the PVP world, where the ruleset for killing etc will be almost none-existent, bar some obvious exceptions. That's what swayed me to back the game. I'm more of a casual player who sucks at PVP, but enjoys engaging with active economies, and economies are usually more reliable/sustainable in PVP environments due to item usage and depletion.

However, at the moment I have some concerns. The standard world (Syndesia) has gone though many changes that have inhibited PVP significantly.

I have concerns that the PVP planet might end up adhering to the criticisms of players less inclined to enjoy such...potential chaos. Thus lowering the wildness of the PVP planet. Obviously this is all just speculation at this point, but I am starting to get concerned that the current change in direction on Syndesia, may end up changing the direction of the PVP planet. Some other people that I have spoken to who are keeping an eye on the game but haven't purchased yet are feeling the same concerns.

I understand the need to keep people happy on the standard + PvE planet, however do humbly request that the original design for the PVP planet remains the same, namely mostly a rule-less place where violence can happen at any place, in any town (bar starting zones).

Many thanks.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Kazzier Can you elaborate please?

• @munch said in PVP World - Concern on ruleset:

@Kazzier Can you elaborate please?

For example, different "flagging" rules for PVP on Syndesia, which results in different amounts of gear being lost etc.

It's something that I would hope wont be implemented on the PVP world and it will rather adhere to a more hardcore ruleset. If that makes sense.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Kazzier But they've already addressed it, that it will not be the case.
    That they are testing this flagging system, and this system will only be on Syndesia.

• Content Creator

The Devs have specifically stated not only that the current PvP ruleset we see will be for Syndesia only, but also that Tartarus will be a whole world, full loot PvP experience for those who want that full loot experience. That has not, and as is right now, will not change because among other things, that is what the Devs are promising to the PvPers who aren't getting the heavy PvP experience they want in Syndesia

• @GamerSeuss said in PVP World - Concern on ruleset:

The Devs have specifically stated not only that the current PvP ruleset we see will be for Syndesia only, but also that Tartarus will be a whole world, full loot PvP experience for those who want that full loot experience. That has not, and as is right now, will not change because among other things, that is what the Devs are promising to the PvPers who aren't getting the heavy PvP experience they want in Syndesia

Excellent. That's the kind of reassurance I was after.

Appreciate the replies guys.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured