Have one more question.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Will there be hidden things or mechanics in this game that make exploration worth it? It can be lore, weapons, obscure quest lines, etc. Could be solo exploration or with a group. I am talking about things like in the old Star Wars Galaxies it was nearly impossible to become a Jedi and you had to explore the whole universe just to find the things that were needed. There were no YouTube videos explaining things. I think this is something that is missing in MMO's now days. I am just wondering if this game will have anything like that? Not necessarily that hard to find but stuff that is not known or cookie cutter where everything and everyone is the same at end level. Thanks for answering in advance.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Good question @RetroPacman! The Fractured universe is planned to be YUUUUGE. The map we're playing in for the alpha is one continent of several on one of 3 planets. There are also asteroidal events being discussed.

There may well be 'easter eggs' for the true completist. But wherever there's an easter egg, there's probably gonna also be a video someone has made to tell the content-creator's loyal subscribers how to find & exploit it. Amiright, @Nekrage?

• Content Creator

@PeachMcD said in Have one more question.:

Good question @RetroPacman! The Fractured universe is planned to be YUUUUGE. The map we're playing in for the alpha is one continent of several on one of 3 planets. There are also asteroidal events being discussed.

There may well be 'easter eggs' for the true completist. But wherever there's an easter egg, there's probably gonna also be a video someone has made to tell the content-creator's loyal subscribers how to find & exploit it. Amiright, @Nekrage?

Ohh heck ya! Always looking for that interesting content to make videos on in Fractured.

BRING ON THE NEXT TEST!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If there would be hidden things, I would hope they are "dynamically hidden".

Otherwise, when one player finds "secret cache of Doom", he just tells all his friends, they tell their friends, and soon everyone and his mother knows. 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix
    This is an awesome idea. no more loot pinata's but procedurally generated rewards with super low drop chances. You could explore for years and never find everything.

• Content Creator

I love me some good secrets in MMOs! 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

My understanding is that most character advancement is based upon exploration. You don't get xp from mobs like normal games, rather you get knowledge for defeating a mob until you learn everything about it. Which unlocks abilities, and the knowledge points you get from that can be used to activate those abilities or buy talent points for further customization of your character. From what I understand, once you hit that max knowledge of a mob, killing that same mob type won't give any further knowledge point bonuses.

Discovering spots on the map also awards knowledge points. IIRC a dev stated that 1 continent has about 85k knowledge points worth of discoverable points of interest. If I'm doing the math correctly, it looks like 225k knowledge points will be needed to max out the number of talent points. Which means lots of exploring and killing of different mob types will be needed for anyone to advance far.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured