Can a brother get a compass?

• I had seen people complaining about travel times in previous posts so I was curious if the claim was more subjective unique from person to person, or if the world was truly that massive.

It's definitely not small...lol, but....I've played on world maps that were bigger. However, an easier way to reference direction (I know it displays coords, and I can follow those...but I've known people who using coordinates was like expecting a pre-school class to solve quantum physics equations) would be to add north, south, east, and west markers on the mini-map.

More then once I noticed that what seemed to be one direction was actually heading another way. Basically it's just an effect of the top down view causing a form of discombobulation, and something fairly easy to adjust to on the fly...and easy to overcome once aware of. But something as simple as having their mini-map always showing them a constant true reading of their relationship to the four points of a compass would both facilitate gamers not used to actual land mass travel acclimating easier as well as would seem the easiest way to aid them in adapting.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@ThrillKill

we actually do kinda have a compass.... up on your mini-map is always NorthEast. Its just confusing cause people think it is North. which it isn't. North is actually half way between the top and the left side of the mini-map.

• Having played around for a while now, I don't think anything else is needed on top of what we already have. The map is easy enough to use and I wouldn't want anything else added that might take away from the feeling of adventure.

• @Ostaff said in Can a brother get a compass?:

@ThrillKill

we actually do kinda have a compass.... up on your mini-map is always NorthEast. Its just confusing cause people think it is North. which it isn't. North is actually half way between the top and the left side of the mini-map.

That's good to know, actually. Thanks for that.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I was today years old when I found out that 'up' on the mini-map isn't actually North 🙄 Thank you!

The thing I really want is the ability to 'tag' a non-infinite number of spots on my map for personal reference. Hoping that's one of the 'eventually' QoL things. 🤞 🙏

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured