Question about enviromental damage/effects

• @Tuoni said in Question about enviromental damage/effects:

That system is not directly comparable because Albion has also abilities in the gear pieces but it still shows that it can be done if devs want to.

As you wrote - it cannot be compared, because in AO armour defines you and basically you´re limited just as much as in Fractured concerning armour - heavy armours had tank related skills, medium/light were support / damage oriented. Youre right however that you could use pure offensive spells in plate as attacks are from weapon. But question is - did you meet many nukers wearing Guardian armour? And as you mentioned:

Cloth Armor - Offers limited defense, but excels at offense.
    Leather Armor - Balanced between defense and offense.
    Plate Armor - Offers high defense, but is low on offense.

This is also presented in Fractured; while in AO you picked abilities from equipment, here you have full freedom so only way to do it was to limit usage.

Also in Elderscrolls online you can go pure spellcaster in heavy plate, but you will not be as tanky as pure tanks and you will not be as damaging as pure casters so warriors would still go heavy armour and casters use cloth.

I would say this is not just a caster in plate matter it is how players can in general freely mix gear pieces with different ability sets and e.g. use different gear pieces in different situatios, depending of the content what they are going to do (solo/group/PvE/PvP).

Well, only defining thing are your Attributes, everything else can be changed on go or during camping - talents, abilities and equipment. Especially human race can have 4x 18 on stats so in matter of minutes you can go war-->mage-->rogue by just camping.

perhaps you need more sustain when playing solo and you get that with heavier armor but perhaps in group you can go with lighter armor and be more like a glass cannon

Devs stated almost everything should be soloable, so if you go tank, you can outlive them, if you go nuker, you can outdamage them.

I still dont see any reason to use heavy armour on nukers.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@asspirin I did not say it cannot be compared, I said it cannot be directly compared. Therefore, Albion is comparable, as well as ESO, both as applicable. I have seen heavy armor caster builds in Albion especially with Cursed, Frost and Arcane staffs, not just random stuff but also as part of the meta. Anyway, I do not think that no one is demanding that many casters should or need to use plate armor, it is enough if some will do and there is that opportunity.

Yes we have a full "freedom". Unfortunately that is an illusion of freedom because attribute point distribution and race will determine our role in practice. Therefore, these character creation choices will lead us to use specific abilities, talents and gear. Character creation is basically in contradiction with the other systems. Even we have in theory a "full freedom", that is not the case in practice. Current character creation spoils imo the potential of abilities, talents, gear and the idea of a real full freedom system.

• @Tuoni

All you write is right, yet its imo matter of taste more than anything. Many people including me don´t really care about such freedom, I want balance. Fractured is balanced based on limitations. As long it works im fine with it ... actually im glad that you can at least recognise someone as warrior / mage.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured