Major Lag Spikes

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hey,

Right from the start of this playtest on Tuesday, I started getting lag spikes up to 1100ms, often around the 700s. This mostly seem to happen, when I finish chopping a tree or complete any other process bar (not always though).

It also happens in combat quite a bit.

I haven't noticed any increase or change since the larger amount of players has joined today.

Silynx

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @Silynx, in what area of the world (in game) where you and where are you playing from? Are you sure it isn't just your connection?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hey @Prometheus I have not been able to isolate a specific area. It happens pretty much all over the world. The building and wood chopping related ones happened around my house -1737/-929. I'm playing in California, USA. I haven't noticed this behavior in past tests and have done no changes/upgrades to my home network/internet connection. Other applications seem to run fine.

And just to clarify: I normally have a ping of 50-70ms. It just temporarily spikes up to insane numbers.

When this happens in combat, monsters do get "stuck" they do not perform any attacks or movement during the lag spikes. So if I cannot move for a second, see a ping of 1000ms, regain control, the monster is still equally far away from me as it was before the spike, or I still have the same amount of endurance unlike in other games when you experience a spike and the server keeps working.

That made me believe this is a server side issue.

Let me know if I can provide any other info.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hey @Prometheus, I haven't been able to recreate any of the described above since you did whatever update when the servers kept crashing on Friday/Saturday. My ping has been between 60 and 110 very steadily. No further hot spikes.

Tested in combat and gathering. I did not trash my house and rebuild it though.

So this might be fixed already.

Silynx

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured