Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tuoni said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

@Whisper said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

@Gothix said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

You realize the irony that you thanked Specter for his comment when he specified there is content that will require people to be active daily. They just aren't called dailies.

And if you still don't understand the difference, thats the core of your problem. 🙂

Few bonus gold here and there will never have that much weight, however psychological effect on player is real.
    "Daily quests" push players away from the game. They kill the fun in the game, and make a game feel like job.

I think the core of your problem is you think there is a difference when there isn't lol.

A daily activity with a 12-24 hour timer is exactly the same as a daily quest.

I thought you already understood the difference... Oh well, I give it a go one more time. A daily activity like crafting timer is just an optional task what you can do if you want to or totally skip if you are not interested. Daily quests are usually a core part of new content, a large system, what people are forced to do day after day for weeks. The difference is HUGE.

You keep trying to pass your opinion on one type of daily as a fact on every single type of Daily but that is wrong.

Not all dailies are mandatory. In fact most are optional.
    Not all dailies force people to do them day after day for weeks.
    Not all dailies are a core part of new content. Lots are trivial rewards.

Daily quest can be completely optional.
    Daily quest can be not tied to a weekly system, or long grind. This is especially true if they are completely optional
    Daily quest can be a small part of the game used to encourage people to log in daily.

I would completely agree with you if someone came in and said, "This game needs a daily system that is mandatory. It must demand people do it every single day. And they only get the epic weapon of greatness if they do it for a month straight. And I want it to be directly tied into progression of the game!".

But.. That is the opposite of what literally everyone was asking for and a shinning example of what not to do with a daily quest system.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Oh well, this is just going circles so I guess it is better to stop here. 😅 We already got the answer that there won't be any daily quests so that is enough for me.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Oh well, this is just going circles so I guess it is better to stop here. 😅 We already got the answer that there won't be any daily quests so that is enough for me.

Yeah. Very true. I think we argued this debate to the end. And as Specter pointed out there will be daily mechanics (And doesn't use the word daily quest so it doesn't trigger people) that can only be done once a day, and some mechanics that happen once a week/month (But we won't call them weekly/monthlies because that might trigger people) that encourages people to play daily and weekly/monthly.

It really is the best system since it is doing exactly what a Daily/weekly/monthly does but doesn't use the word daily/weekly/monthly so doesn't trigger as many people.

Archeage Unchained is a good example of sandbox MMORPG which chose to use daily quest system to keep players busy and login daily. After few months a lot of players have already quit and one of the main reasons (perhaps even the #1) has been the daily quests. Therefore, Archeage is a good example why daily quests should be used as less as possible. Moreover, sandbox games should be more careful because daily quests fights against players freedom of choise and general nature of sandboxes.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Archeage Unchained is a good example of sandbox MMORPG which chose to use daily quest system to keep players busy and login daily. After few months a lot of players have already quit and one of the main reasons (perhaps even the #1) has been the daily quests. Therefore, Archeage is a good example why daily quests should be used as less as possible. Moreover, sandbox games should be more careful because daily quests fights against players freedom of choise and general nature of sandboxes.

If the people are being forced to do Daily Quest then it is already one of the worst kinds of daily quest.

No one here said, "What are the worst daily quest you can imagine, and should we put those ones into the game" Lol.

I think the avenue Fractured going is one of the best routes. It is integrated into the game. The word Daily Quest is not tied to it so people are not only okay with the activities that have a daily timer on them but they are thankful.

It is the best of both worlds.

If the people are being forced to do Daily Quest then it is already one of the worst kinds of daily quest.

It is actually enough that people feel like they have to do content they do not want to. The worst part of daily quests is that none of them are interesting and even the best ones are just a somewhat bad. Games should focus to offer interesting content and wide activity possibilities rather than implementing daily login hooks. That is what gamers accually appreciate.

No one here said, "What are the worst daily quest you can imagine, and should we put those ones into the game" Lol.

There is not such a thing that good daily quest, those simply does not exist, at least from player point of view.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There is not such a thing that good daily quest, those simply does not exist, at least from player point of view.

This is an easy point to prove wrong by just pointing at the Poll. 57% of the people who voted disagree with you.

43% dislike Daily Quest. 43% like Daily quest. 14% Don't care either way.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Specter said in Your favorite Dailies, or what you would like to see them as.:

Fractured already has plenty of ways to encourage players to log in. Claim upkeep (carpenter), crafting timers, tending the farm, etc. Right now the devs see no reason to implement dailies on top of that.

Tending to farm is a sandbox daily quest 😄
    It all depends on how we look at things. What you mentioned are exactly the dailies I'd like to see here.

Additionally maybe some minor divine stuff daily as well to prove your devotion - like praying daily (as it will be a big part of the game, at least for my demon fighting for redemption).

This is an easy point to prove wrong by just pointing at the Poll. 57% of the people who voted disagree with you.

And one person already mentioned that he misclicked the like button and could not change that so the result is biased and most people dislikes daily quests.

Here is something to think about: PC Gamer

I am actually very interested to know why anyone would like to do daily quest? What is good in those from player point of view?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

And one person already mentioned that he misclicked the like button and could not change that so the result is biased and most people dislikes daily quests.

I am actually very interested to know why anyone would like to do daily quest? What is good in those from player point of view?

That is one person. It doesn't suddenly account for the difference and make it 100% Dislike it. No matter how you cut it, it shows your statement is unequivocally wrong.

Probably people who have played games without them and have gotten all the content in the game and realized there was nothing left to do but stop playing. Or play once a week with no gain for yourself but just to help others. But it is pretty hard to stay engaged with a game you play once a week for no gain to yourself.

Or people who understand getting people to login daily helps a game a great deal.

That is one person. It doesn't suddenly account for the difference and make it 100% Dislike it. No matter how you cut it, it shows your statement is unequivocally wrong.

Probably people who have played games without them and have gotten all the content in the game and realized there was nothing left to do but stop playing. Or play once a week with no gain for yourself but just to help others. But it is pretty hard to stay engaged with a game you play once a week for no gain to yourself.

Or people who understand getting people to login daily helps a game a great deal.

If you look closely your answers what is good about daily quests, don't you see any problem there? None of those explains why daily quest are something what players actually want to do. Some people might be okay with daily quests because thay have not experienced those that much but if we put on scale daily quests on other and freedom to go do anything you want what game offers to another, who is that sick bastard who chooses to go with daily quests? 😅

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If you look closely your answers what is good about daily quests, don't you see any problem there? None of those explains why daily quest are something what players actually want to do. Some people might be okay with daily quests because thay have not experienced those that much but if we put on scale daily quests on other and freedom to go do anything you want what game offers to another, who is that sick bastard who chooses to go with daily quests? 😅

I did answer what is good about daily quest. You just don't want to see the answer. That is okay though. I understand I can't force you to see something you don't want to see but it doesn't change the fact that I gave you the answer on why.

My answer to that question is the same as the previous. People who have played games without them will understand this. If there are not daily activities when you finish the content the game offers you end up with nothing to do.

It's why Fractured is going the best route. They are giving daily activities via 24 hour timers but they just aren't using the word daily quest so people are not only okay with it they are thankful for it. Integrating them into the game in a fluid way is really the best way to do it.

I did answer what is good about daily quest. You just don't want to see the answer. That is okay though. I understand I can't force you to see something you don't want to see but it doesn't change the fact that I gave you the answer on why.

You answered yes but the quality was pretty low and none of those where actually why someone would want to do daily quest and enjoy at the same time. In one example you have done all game content and after that you are ready to go for daily quests, as last option. In another one you would go to do daily quest because you want to help others... mmm what? How you even help others via daily quests? And the last one is every gamers dream, they want to do daily quest to help the game.. That does not make you like the daily quests itself you just do those because you feel like you are helping the developers, and at start you might, unless you get bored and you quit.

If the game offers interesting content in various areas people will login anyway and if they can go to do what they really enjoy instead of a daily quests they will stick with the game much longer. If you think the content what e.g. Fractured offers gathering, crafting, farming, building, trading, OWPvP, sieges, dungeons, asteroids, skill progressions, exploring... every single aspect of the game is better option to spend time in the game than daily quest in every way.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

You answered yes but the quality was pretty low

That's your opinion. And you are clearly only intending to see your side.

and none of those where actually why someone would want to do daily quest and actually enjoy doing those.

If this helps think of it as taxes. Most people understand taxes are needed to keep a country moving forward. You are like the guy saying, "Why do you like taxes!? Why do you want taxes?! Wouldn't life be better if we didn't have to pay taxes?! How could someone enjoy taxes!??"

This thread is like someone asking, "How much taxes do you think is the right amount?" And people are saying 5-25% and then you saying, "Well World Of Warcraft has these terrible daily quest" is like someone coming and saying, "This country had a tax rate for 80% and it failed their country! so we shouldn't have any taxes".

But... No one was suggesting 80% tax rates (Like no one was suggesting the worst kind of dailies)". And then after someone explains to that person why taxes are needed that person just turning around ignoring it all and saying, "Yeah but how can they enjoy it!"

If the game offers interesting content in various areas people will login anyway and if they can go to do what they really enjoy instead of a daily quests they will stick with the game much longer.

Not if they finish all the content and there is no longer a reason to login.

If you think the content what e.g. Fractured offers gathering, crafting, farming, building, trading, OWPvP, sieges, dungeons, asteroids, skill progressions, exploring... every single aspect of the game is better option to spend time in the game than daily quest in every way.

You realize Fractured has daily content as well that is locked behind 24 timelocks right? (We refer to that as dailies).

@Whisper Your arguments are getting weird, comparing daily quests for taxes, seriously? Forget about it.

@Whisper That "Sig" Rocks dude! 😃

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Whisper Your arguments are getting weird, comparing daily quests for taxes, seriously? Forget about it.

If I answer you directly you don't see it.
    If I make an analogy to simplify it you claim its getting weird.

I hope you understand I wasn't saying Dailies are taxes. Just that the analogy between the two works. But it's all good. Stay safe out there!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I love Orna's daily system. Basically, they're a bunch of "random" kill quests. Kill x amount of things, get y. Except there are dozens of them. I don't even know if it's the same for everyone or not...but they're just little bonuses you get as collateral for just playing the game. I would much rather a system like that. Throw more dailies at me than I can handle, but let it be so that I will finish them without even trying.

I've rarely seen daily systems that I liked. I don't like feeling punished for not logging in, but I do like getting a little extra something (even if it's just a popup, yay, dopamines!). I want to do the things that I want to do. I prefer not to be told what to do.

Taxes are needed to run a society but daily quests are not needed to run a game. That is why it was a terrible example.

Yeah fractured has timed crafting which is not a same thing than daily quests. If someone claims something else then he/she does not know what he/she is talking about.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Taxes are needed to run a society but daily quests are not needed to run a game. That is why it was a terrible example.

Dang, you are so close to understanding the analogy.

Yeah fractured has timed crafting which is not a same thing than daily quests. If someone claims something else then he/she does not know what he/she is talking about.

A daily is an activity that happens... Daily. If a tree has a daily timer. It is part of a daily system. If it takes a day to create leather. It is part of a daily system.

It's why I keep saying Fractured has the best system for it. It is integrated into the game and they don't use the word Daily Quest which makes people not only okay with it but thankful for it. It's a great way to do it.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured