Map clarity

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Many players will say "game is supposed to be fun"...

1. FUN does not equal "easy" to everyone. For some people FUN is an easy Farmville type game with no hardship involved, yes. But for others FUN is a challenge, hardship, victory through effort and through social mechanics, beating all hardship thrown your way (even ganking). So a claim " game is supposed to be fun so protect us from gankers" does NOT stand! This is only valid for a portion of players, for others this will make game completely unfun, and not worth playing (I'm not talking about gankers themself, I'm talking about large PvP population that aren't gankers themselves).

2. Fractured MMO is for the above reason designed with 3 planets in mind with different rules. Arboreus is safe from ganking and everything you complain against so stop asking for the rest of the world to get changed to your personal liking as well. This is the characteristic of "specific group of people i was talking about", they ask for EVERYTHING to be changed to their liking, regardless of what other groups of players like. You have a whole planet free from ganking, if that's not enough for you, that's your own problem.

Whoever doesn't want to risk loosing their gear to gankers, or a zerg for that matter, is free to stay on Arboreus, a whole HUGE planet that offers absolutely everything, and protecting you from PvP.

One other interesting fact: I always see this "specific crowd" asking to limit ganking and PvP everywhere, but opposite is practically non existent here (I don't see people here asking to turn furry peoples safe zone into a PvP zone). It's because, for the large part, PvP community understands that different people prefer different play styles and they support it. On the other hand "specific crowd mentioned beforehand" will always ask for developers to protect them from ganking EVERYWHERE, and screw what the other player groups want.

@Razvan I really don't care about what Albion did. 🙂 Every single player deserves an option to play freely, yes that includes gankers. Just think of them like thieves and criminals of fantasy world. This is a danger factor without which game wouldn't be nearly as fun! Loosing your gear to them is an important RISK factor as well.

Fractured offers 3 planets. Everyone is free to chose where his travels will lead him, and is free to take the risks if he wants to venture to more dangerous places. He is free to reject those risks and not travel there as well.

• @Jetah The reason I disagree with you two is because both of you proved over and over you have no idea what you're talking about, yet your main argument revolve around those points.
    @Gothix It's unwise not to learn from problems faced by a very similar game.

Bottom line is this thread was pretty much close by Protheus' response in the first page. Have a good day! 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured