Story based exploration? or curious people?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Will people roaming the worlds do so trough story based quests or by just being curious?

For instance will there be some sort of linear path through some regions of a planet, letting players select one space or multiple to put down a settlement or small base in order to follow some sort of pilgrimage for their god or race? Of will it be simply for resources, with regions holding tougher enemies containing hidden treasures/materials for your race/guild?

Is it left up to the player to decide their motivation or will there be little droplets of story to help the player along the way?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@rouza

1. the game will not be a typical quest, only the divine and something else, here's the link
    2. We will be able to enter the world only for a certain time depending on your worldview and type of the planet Karma+(RUS, ITA, FRA)

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Yes but what will drive the exploration of the planets?

What is it that will make people Want to go and do "a thing"?

@rouza

1. skill points in the Knowledge System+(RUS, ITA, FRA)
    2. pumping skills
    3. rare resources that are not on your planet, etc

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Yeah, others have covered most of it. But also we have no ideas of what additional goodies await us. Might be some sweet bosses, gear, etc. Regardless, tons of reasons to get out the tavern and do some exploring.

every character is stupid and needs to explore to learn. It's a sense of adventure more than "I do x I get y in return" quest system.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I do like that idea of "I am going on an adventure!" kind of theme if I had to pick one.

It would be cool to have some players that just roam around the worlds just doing lore.

@rouza said in Story based exploration? or curious people?:

I do like that idea of "I am going on an adventure!" kind of theme if I had to pick one.

It would be cool to have some players that just roam around the worlds just doing lore.

the lore is something that stories and campaigns usually bring. Without that it seems weird. I wouldn't mind some NPC's that give some direction as far as a city quest/event where goblins population is too much and they need to be culled. Instead of a kill x of 100 or x% you have to go back to town.

That system could be setup to direct some adventurers to other towns. I would like to see something along the lines of "the city, City Name, up north bring word they need food supplies. The local wildlife has ruined the crops" event. You'd need transportation of goods and include some chefs to help feed everyone. This would allow player bandits to setup places to steal stuff!

I'm generally curious how the lore of the game will be presented if there are no general campaign.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@rouza I'll do πŸ˜› I love exploring and collecting, I don't need any quests or things to do it ^^

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Oh I have no doubt there will be a huge team building aspect to the game. Setting up a town and trade routes and such is quite honestly an exciting thing to ponder over.

There is another Top down game at the moment that uses such logistics and resource management in their world in order to keep things flowing.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured