Core game dynamics

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hi everybody! I'd like to share with you some thoughts regarding core game dynamics.

It appears to me that in almost every MMORPG, the player mainly gains experience/levels up/evolves by killing monsters (PvE)/other PCs (PvP). Other ways of character progression are using non combat skills, like profession skills, gathering skills, lockpicking, trap disarming etc.
    I don't think there's anything bad in that, and I personally like this kind of games, but I was wondering if it would be possible to implement other game mechanics. For example, imagine a peaceful, non warring race, that regards every life as sacred, even those of enemies. Members of such a race would never kill other living beings, or maybe only for extreme self defence. This could translate into a character that would inflict non-lethal dmg and just disable/incapacitate the enemy, and a positive trade-off could be something like positive karma or a divine buff from their god of life and harmony, a buff that would be lost after killing a creature. A negative trade off could be that disabled creatures could recover faster than the time needed for the same creatures to respawn after being killed.

I don't know if such a way of playing could be appealing to a large number of people, or if it could even be easily implemented, but it could possibly bring an element of novelty to a game (and also a higher degree of challange: imagine disabling a large number of NPCs in a dungeon, then you are killed -or you are forced to retreat- and you find the previously defeated enemies already up!).

Maybe on Arboreus, the honorable, vegetarian race of bull-kin Moodra (😜 ... as a side note I was wondering: are erwydra herbivorous?? xD) could be well known for their vows of non-violence and be experts of grappling and hand to hand combat, or illusion/enchanting/frost magic (focus on control spells), or druidic spells like strangling vines/thorns/earth to mud...etc etc.
    Plz don't kill me! love you all!! Mooo!
    😄

P.S: a disabled enemy HAS to be looted 😉
    P.P.S: this "Peace and Love" mechanic would attract a lot of approval from the various associations of parents!! xD

you can slot just CC and non-damaging skills.

Fractured will have 400 skills. i'm sure you could be a pure healer if you wanted to be.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I think you'll be able to play what you want switching between skill and role play... In 400 skill it would be a way to repeal/block/paralyse/incapacitate some enemy without killing. In fact, you could disable a player without killing him... (killing is crime) In term of plaything it's why you have antagonist like Demon vs Beast.wo/men

This could only work if your armor was tie dyed, one of you skills was 'group hug' and you shot rainbows our of your ahhh nose.

I just remembered..

You don't actually kill a person, you bring their stamina (or similar) down to zero they are unconscious but not dead. You have to do a killing blow to actually kill them.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured