In Game Memorial for Players that Die as a Suggestion

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I'm fine with having stuff like this. The more freedom players have, the better.

But I'd also like the freedom to destroy said memorial. Stuff like this should have to be in PvP areas, or at least places subject to invasion.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hey guys I think that this is a cool idea and all but if I happen to die and I’m still playing this game I don’t really want a memorial or anything, just in my opinion.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@target said in In Game Memorial for Players that Die as a Suggestion:

@jetah Video games monetizing irl deaths is heading into some unethical territory.

I'd prefer if there were no specific system in place just for these features. Instead, there should be enough freedom within the already existing features for players to set up their own memorials if they choose — naming cities/streets/buildings, plaques, enough customization in city building to make graveyards and memorials, etc.

Keep in mind that player settlements are not permanent. Buildings decay and can be destroyed, cities can be conquered, and when city ownership changes the new owners will most likely get to rezone the city. Making a memorial would carry the risk of it being destroyed.

you provide a service to the community. if they purchase headstones or statues then you sell them. that isn't unethical territory. I did mention that there could be some alternatives to the paid ones in the game. maybe an npc could sell them for in game currency. if the person wanted a statue or very decorative headstone then by all means DS should sell it, if the community wants it.

@Swindlej
    then you better put that in your will!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah would be better if it were sandbox related and give people freedom. This would make it a norm and not necessarily something super special. But still worthwhile.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured