β™» The Philosopher's Stone πŸ”¬

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As we know from ancient history, all alchemists sought to obtain the Philosopher's Stone in order to turn the stone into gold and perform other miracles
    I want to suggest introducing such an object as the Philosopher's Stone into the game!
    This item will be a reusable consumable and will be divided into small, medium and large. The size of the stone will depend on its capabilities and the number of charges. Let's say a small stone will have 100 charges, an average one will have 150 charges, and a large one will have 200 charges, but to make an average one you will need 3 small ones, and a large one will need 3 medium ones (9 small ones). In turn, the size of the stone will depend on how high-quality a resource it can convert : for example, turn a stack of stone into a stack of iron (small stone) - 1 charge is spent, the larger the stone, the more rare ore it can convert ( divide the ores into ranks: small 1 rank > 2 rank, medium 2 rank > 3 rank, large 3 rank > 4 rank. I'm saying this in a simplified way). The size of the stone will also depend on what it can transform. Let's say there is a certain object called a "soul fragment" it is knocked out from ghosts using a special object, there is a VERY small chance to knock out a "whole soul" in the game, but ONLY With the HELP of the Philosopher's stone you can connect several parts into one, 3 charges will be consumed. A large stone will be able to help with the enchantment of objects, bringing the spell closer to 70-100% efficiency, but this function will spend 5 charges.
    These are all just examples, in fact, you need to balance everything correctly and make the increase in the rank of the stone more significant, that is, each of its new levels dominated the previous one, but for balance only by a small part increasing the number of charges. In addition, this consumable would either need to be found with a small chance or knocked out, but the chance really should be low (for example, a guild of 100 people would have to grind for 2 weeks to create a large stone. I specifically take such low indicators so that people purposefully do not go to grind it, but just enjoy the game).
    The Philosopher's Stone would be S-rank items, it would be able to make one player incredibly strong or increase the assets of the guild.
    How do you like the idea, how feasible is it, what can you offer? I'm really interested to know ^^

• Content Creator

Although I find the item interesting, it just doesn't seem to fit Fracture's aesthetics in my opinion.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I could see it as a reward item for people who have maxed out various percentages of global mob knowledge (50%=small, 100%=big) which gives small rewards for continuing killing the maxed knowledge mobs and converts unwanted items into some amount of gold coins. This would increase the amount of gold coins in the game to fuel trading, give instant gratification for those not interested in trading their loot, increase scarcity (and thus value) of materials, and encourage exploration for more variety of mobs instead of just farming those that give you the highest coin value or relevant skills or resources.

Unfortunately I do not see it as an item that just clear cuts the whole tech tree and mining industry or bypass the current spell scaling system.

@GamerSeuss Yes, it can cause a grind in the game, spoiling the feeling of the game. Perhaps this item could be somehow added at the end of the game, but it is still a controversial idea

@OlivePit That is, you are suggesting, let's say, a "blood stone" (for example), which will absorb the blood of certain creatures (well, or the essence, it already depends on the type of monsters) and thereby increase the amount of knowledge points received?
    Well, or you can really make a blood stone that will absorb the killed creatures, giving the stones special characteristics that can then be encrusted in equipment. For example: killing wolves > damage stone; killing bears > health stone, and so on
    Or even convert such an idea into a PvP system, the stone will absorb the souls\blood of the killed players, for which the dead players received a debuff, and the killer would increase the charge. When the stone reached the maximum number of charges, it could give the user a certain buff for a while, or he could donate this stone to the temple of the god of evil and get a lot of negative karma points, there are a lot of ideas to come up with.

Seems that some1 wants to bring Voldemort into life again. Step back from this path Bro πŸ˜‰

I do like the idea of a reagent, gem, or enchantment that gives players some sort of something once they've maxed the kp for x type of mob. Dunno if @muker's Philisopher stone is that, but it would be a nice & tradeable find for an advanced player.

Maybe this would be what a very hard-working farmer might find while harvesting or bagging their millionth crop πŸ‘©β€πŸŒΎ πŸ’Ž πŸ‘¨β€πŸŒΎ

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured