Again with Luck BS...

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Sigh..
    1k luck
    enchanting.
    66% chance to succeed, 7% chance to fail.
    failed 5 times, lost 7 items out of 11

Seriously... what the hell?
    yes it is -possible-
    but with 1k luck the odds should be shifting down to lower than 2% failure and up to 88% success
    -if the equations given are accurate.

sigh...

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @OlivePit, the chance to fail "tragically" (the one that breaks the item) is 7% - even without Luck, it's very low. You should succeed often (66%), fail consuming reagents without breaking the item a few items (100-66-7 = 27%), and destroy the item... well, very very rarely.

If it happened to you so often, it means something is not working correctly, either in the RNG or in the actual probabilities. We'll check it out, sorry for the item loss!

Thanks for the reply. I am not worried about the item loss in this alpha, but later it could be a huge frustration.

• Content Creator

@Prometheus said in Again with Luck BS...:

Hi @OlivePit, the chance to fail "tragically" (the one that breaks the item) is 7% - even without Luck, it's very low. You should succeed often (66%), fail consuming reagents without breaking the item a few items (100-66-7 = 27%), and destroy the item... well, very very rarely.

If it happened to you so often, it means something is not working correctly, either in the RNG or in the actual probabilities. We'll check it out, sorry for the item loss!

The fact that Luck has an effect on crafting/enchanting is HORRIBLE.

The best option currently: Having an alt character that you log on to pull your mats out of the chest to craft & enchant with, deposit that gear back in the chest, then log on your main to pull that gear out.

Here's the issue with this. Crafting is anything but in-depth with this system. NO ONE will reach out to another player to craft for them.

Make your own character with high luck and do your own crafting. No reason to EVER ask someone who specializes in a craft.

The current "meta" is to have a max charisma character with all charisma talents and enchants to do all of your crafting.

Luck should NEVER impact any form of crafting(or be in the game at all imo).

Luck is a stat that really has no place in the game at all. It is the "black sheep" of all stats.

"Here is your chance to crit but also not because of luck"
    "50% chance to hit but not really because you forgot about luck."
    "80% chance to resist stun but wait you forgot about luck."
    "50% chance to stun this enemy but you forgot about your luck and his luck"

It's a state that throws all the math behind every stat and chance into whack.
    No one knows how to calculate it and now one knows how it really works.

Remove Luck or at the very least stop making it work for crafting. It only supports using alts to complete all of your crafting and enchanting.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Nekrage the effect of Luck on enchanting is negligible (if any - I need to check), while for crafting I'm sure it's non-existant. This is also a useful info for @OlivePit.

The things that matter when crafting to determine the quality chances are the bonuses from city researches (+15, +15, +20) and the shop (+50).

The things that matter when enchanting to determine success/failure rates are the type of item (weapon vs leather / hide / cloth / chain / plate armor) and its quality.

I agree all these info are well hidden... We need to find a way to explain it properly in the game.

As for Luck in combat, we're having an internal discussion about that. If you don't go below 10 CHA (so below 0 Luck) you're good though, you shouldn't worry too much.

As for introducing a "skill-like" system for character progress in crafting proficiency, we're going to open a discussion about that with the community soon 🙂

since my first post I made 80 cotton armor pieces (20 of each part in batches) and in total got 10 exceptional pieces, 6 of which were cowels (hats?).
    Very odd distribution especially for the reported 20% chance.
    I will do another test with a larger batch once I get more chests to store them XD
    It is good to know that 'luck has no effect on crafting' as I can use my other characters to do the testing and not my one high luck / kp person.

Thank you for the feed back Prometheus.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured