Color Blindness and Health Bar

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Short version.
    Health bar is something dark reddish.
    Lost health is dark with a little transparency.
    On terrain like grassland that transparency turns into dark greenish.
    A bar made of dark reddish and dark greenish is not easy to be seen by a colorblind person, especially if it's thin.

There is no long version. 🙂

(I know this is QoL for a little portion of players, but still wanted to point it out, since I'm just a little color blind and with some effort I can tell the difference between mobs remaining and lost health, but those who are in worse condition than me will really have a hard time!)

• Content Creator

@GreatValdus Sadly, the colors used are typical and traditional. I know some games handle it with a white or other colored font percentage next to the bar, or the ability to turn the bar into a percentage, so that's a thought. Another option might be to allow players in the settings to swap out the bar colors or make the bars a little bigger and more pronounced...again, QoL and not to be expected before late beta

@GamerSeuss of course I had to deal my whole life with the fact that health bars are red! 😄
    The point is which kind of red you use and on which background color, some little differences in brightness and saturation that a normal person could see as "nothing changed" can be a huge improvement for color blind people.
    There are really a lot of ways to overcome this issue with little effort, but I've no hurry on this, QoL of this kind can wait, but still it's useful to point it out.

• Content Creator

Unfortunately, if you don't have a color-blind person on staff, it can be hard to judge what will or won't be easily viewable, sadly.

@GamerSeuss that's why I'm here! 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured