Tanks get 0 Exp in groups

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

So i made a tank and as a tank i can tell u is the worst class to make not only do u do no dmg but u cant even get skills cuz u get 0 knowledge when u hunt in groups i was playing with 5 friends and out of like 100 mobs we killed i got knowledge on 3 maybe look into this party system EXP split its a bit off

• So they still haven't fixed how stupid the xp gain is. To me, it feels like the developers dosen't put much though into things and have the bigger picture

@killergoldfish is Alpha tbh am having a lot of fun with the city building and community but this might not seem like a huge prob but it really is all my melee player switch to range cuz is unplayable as melee

• Melee indeed is very hard at the beginning - let’s see how it’s behaving later

be in smaller groups? As one of three people I get plenty of XP as the tank. I think it only is really punishing when you are in much larger groups.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Don't know what the plan with knowledge, but yes they have to share in equal part at least in party.
    Even in duo yesterday, my melee friend have to last hit to get knowledge.

• What about someone that would want to play a healer type

• Wiki Editor

@killergoldfish As a Healer it isn't that big Problem (at least in small groups), you can use your MageStaff to hit the Creature while you wait for cooldown of your heal spells.
    And you will make more damage than the tank.

We was yesterday with 2 Heal-Mages and one Tank at the Forest Trolls to get his spells. And it was almost too much damage we both healer did with the staffs. We even needed to slow down, that our tank got the knowledgepoints.
    And even then he sometimes got less than us.
    We got 6% for each kill, he got either nothing or just 5%.

Thats not fair at all for tanks and probably other supporter too.
    In bigger groups it becomes more and more a problem, since it is very random, if you hit enough. Many creatures gives not a single Knowledgepoint, even you hitted it, just because it was falling too fast.
    We experienced it yesterday at the vale with a group of 10 people (all in same party). I tried to get enough hits on at least 10 ghouls, to get the "you discovered xxx" for them.

Also:
    @killergoldfish said in Tanks get 0 Exp in groups:

So they still haven't fixed how stupid the xp gain is. To me, it feels like the developers dosen't put much though into things and have the bigger picture

Yes it is a "stupid", means annoying, thing. But maybe it is not at highest priority, since you are able to "work around" this problem.
    I also think, that the developer have at the moment more high priorities to get all the core features implemented, such things like KP gain are polishing/balancing tasks that usually is something for latest Alpha state or even Beta. Blaming them this way, isn't constructive. 😛

• Wiki Editor

@Soza said in Tanks get 0 Exp in groups:

last hit to get knowledge.

It is not the last hit, that makes you eligible for getting KP, it is just based on to make enough % of damage.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured