Mythopoeia (modified)

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Rather than my previous ideal of a city devoted to knowledge, artisanship, and peace (though these shall remain ideals)
    which was, to be honest, more than a little pretentious on my part, I shall now be attempting, once again on the assumption that enough people join me in the attempt, to build a city, not at a hub of trade, craft and adventure, but close to the starting cities, where new players can safely find a stepping stone on their journey in this brave new world; whether to become mighty in their own right, or to join the ranks of a mighty guild.

A place where travellers can stop for the night, and find a smith to repair their equipment, an enchanter to make use of their hard won reagents, or a merchant to buy their spoils of war; a farmer to sell them food.

Blessed are the timid hearts that evil hate,
    that quail in its shadow, and yet shut the gate;
    that seek no parley, and in guarded room,
    through small and bare, upon a clumsy loom
    weave rissues gilded by the far-off day
    hoped and believed in under Shadow's sway.

Blessed are the men of Noah's race that build
    their little arks, though frail and poorly filled,
    and steer through winds contrary towards a wraith,
    a rumour of a harbour guessed by faith.
    + + +
    I would that I might with the minstrels sing
    and stir the unseen with a throbbing string.
    I would be with the mariners of the deep
    that cut their slender planks on mountains steep
    and voyage upon a vague and wandering quest,
    for some have passed beyond the fabled West.
    I would with the beleaguered fools be told,
    that keep an inner fastness where their gold,
    impure and scanty, yet they loyally bring
    to mint in image blurred of distant king,
    or in fantastic banners weave the sheen
    heraldic emblems of a lord unseen.
    J.R.R.Tolkien (Mythopoeia)

@Mirgannel12 You are going to need a minimum of 20 people (invluding yourself) to be able to start as a governor in the upcoming test. Best of luck!! 🙂

@Xzait Thanks, probably wont happen this test, but hopefully soemday 🙂

@Xzait I noticed that Duath, and yourself as governor thereof, will be located very close to the city of The OranThul in the coming test, and I was curious as to how The Moonshadow Dryads intend to act in regards to The OranThul?

Possibly trade with them, like we did in the previous test 🙂
    @Nekrage himself posted in the fractured discord server that he does want to test sieges, but doesn't want to "be a dick about it", in taking a city by force, without consent. He actually wants to have a friendly claim another town nearby, purely to test sieges, if possible 🙂 I am going to take his word and trust he was telling the truth. The few times I have chatted with him personally, he has been a very respectful person, despite his evil allignment 🙂 If he does end up attacking us, then we'll have to do our best to defend!!

I feel like alot of people tend to dislike the 'evil aligned' guilds/players, purely because they, themselves are (usually) 'good aligned', themselves, and being evil is bad XD but I feel like they are just as important to the community as everyone else!! TSE for example, has done a LOT for the community as a whole, making the character planner (http://theshadowempire.net/public_CharacterPlanner.php) public for everyone to use, and a useful enchanting aid (http://theshadowempire.net/public_enchantments.php) public for everyone to use as well!

You never know... reaching the end of the test, as much as the guilds residing in Duath are PvE oriented, we might give sieges a shot ourselves, just before the test closes, just to try it out!!

@Xzait In several previous tests @Nekrage was gracious enough to allow our tiny guild the DnDeviants to be part of The Oran’Thul city despite the fact that we are a good guild. His entire guild was wonderful and I have a lot of respect for him, Harleyyelrah and the rest of the members of The Oran’Thul. If he says that he doesn't want to "be a dick about it" then I believe him.

If there is going to be a planned, friendly, type siege I hope that someone posts about it to that those of us not in the cities involved can chose a side and help out. Sounds like a blast!

@Xzait well, I can honestly say that was not the response I was expecting.
    In fact, your little quote about his intentions, or rather what it is not his intention to be, strikes me as somewhat ironic given my own experience with The OranThul.
    I can't speak for him; I think the one time i am certain i saw him he was just standing there, probably AFK, but as for his guild, well, that little quote about sums it up.
    I will admit that I have only participated in one test, the previous open test, which, it is true was a PVP test, but myself and one of my lieutenants were twice ganked by a group of four OranThul members while we were peacefully hauling wagons through their city. I didn't notice whether Nekrage was one of them, but then i didn't even know of him at that point.
    Needless to say, we avoided The OranThul the rest of that test and the following weekend test.

I agree that there is a 'prejudice' against evil players, but for myself that prejudice only lasts until I have seen how they act, as can be seen in the fact that I calmly drove my wagon through a group of four 'evil' players without a worry, until they slaughtered me 😛

Your description of The OranThul has caused me to revert to my initial 'wary tolerence' of them, and hopefully they will prove themselves to me in the future.
    It is possible that there was some lag involved at the time, they did seem to just stand there while i rode through, and then chase me down, so i might have missed some indication of their intentions.

That being said, I won't be sorry when they end up on a different world from me 😛 (they intend to be a demon guild, yes?)

@Mirgannel12 They are definitely an evil guild; never mistake that. It is just that if Nekrage tells you something he means it. The Oran’Thul people were very helpful to me and mine in previous tests, however, the game has progressed to a point that good and evil must part ways. I would, at this point, not drive a wagon through their city as I would fully expect to be murdered, lol.

• Content Creator

@Xzait Ohhh! Didn't see this thread.

I absolutely intend to test the siege systems but I really want to avoid taking a city from someone as it would only remove a testing feature from them.

It's an alpha, no need for world domination.

I truly think Fractured has a pretty high failure risk and the cause of that is the city system. This has me worried to no end and I really want to test it thoroughly. I would like for us all to experience the system in its entirety and provide honest feedback on it.

@StormBug fair enough, and it's true they didn't take anything when they killed me, but i was expecting some sort of challenge, you know; "halt! who goes there?" or even "Die, dog of Tyros!" or even just have them attack me on sight, but I had actually ridden through the entire city before they chased me down, which may again be due to lag, but still, it was a test and i clearly wasn't interested in pvp, not to mention 4V1 is a bit much.
    If the game was finished, fair enough, i'm not likely to approach an evil aligned city as a good character, at least not peacefully, but surely testing phases don't require players, even those playing as demons, to act like demons?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured