πŸ“œ π•Ύπ–ˆπ–—π–”π–‘π–‘π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π–’π–†π–Œπ–Žπ–ˆ

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@esher So let's give this opportunity only to the pumped mages, so as not to initially clog the market.
    Say more than half of the scale studied in one of the schools of magic to develop simple scrolls with skills

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker

So let's give this opportunity only to the pumped mages,

what are you talking about? I explained the way we are going to discover the skills. Also the way to study them. What are mages supposed to do that others can't do?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

@finland said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

Yeah maybe something to buff an attribute for a short time. For example:

• Scroll of Intellect t1 that buffs Int by 1 for 10mins
    • Scroll of Intellect t2 that buffs Int by 1 for 20mins
    • Scroll of Intellect t3 that buffs Int by 1 for 30mins

I'm still of the opinion that the buffs were in the amount of 2-5 minutes, only for skirmish in one battle, not as a long-lasting buff skills of the players in some MMO
    And yet we still have the ability to attack the enemy with a powerful spell, debuffs(lower defense, attack, speed, etc.) and "fetter" scrolls, which in turn will increase damage, duration, debuff and duration (stun, dimming the mind, freeze etc.) spells

That's an example. And it's not a big buff like +25%damage for a short time. You have different kind of buffs and usually consumables least longer due they are less powerfull than ability/skill buffs.

• Wiki Editor

I like the idea to create special helpers (scrolls, tools and so on) with your well developed profession to give others temporary access to use spells/abilities they usually not have.
    As long these things are not overpowered and not flood the market, because they are too easy to produce, why not.
    That would improve the trading and player interaction.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kralith I think the idea behind the knowledge system is pretty good. If we want a skill we can follow the tasks that has been developed. Givin a crafted skill will reduce the intrest on travel and exploring planets to discover more skills. The idea behind a scroll should be like every consumable: a buff. Like for foods, drinks, potions.

If you can craft and sell a scroll that emulate a skill it's like crafting a scroll that gives experience in games like wow where you need exp to level up. I don't want to see things like that.

@finland

what are you talking about? I explained the way we are going to discover the skills. Also the way to study them. What are mages supposed to do that others can't do?

I mean that he had studied at least 4 points in one of the schools Magic

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker everyone can do it πŸ˜‰ anyway if I'm not wrong you can study to a max of 3 levels per skill. If someone unlocks/discovers more skills than you well I don't see problems.

@finland said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

@muker everyone can do it

I mean players who own 4 level of magic (necromancy for example) will be able to create scrolls of level 1 necromancy

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker I'm talking about the game and not your idea ;). As I said before we should not touch the skill system.

@finland And where realism, that the warrior max lvla does magical scrolls without mastering magic (did not study the branch of development)

@finland Or do you suggest finding recipes for the creation of such scrolls?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker realism? It's a fantasy game. Scroll it's your idea and all role should be able to buff. The game design is supposed to have a warrior casting fireball for example so go out of your point of view. Every char will be a mage in this game also if he will focus on combat schoolo.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland Or do you suggest finding recipes for the creation of such scrolls?

I'm lost are you talking about Tomes or your idea of scrolls or my idea of scrolls?

My idea of scroll is like cooking/alchemy and so on. So give a profession to create scrolls but I don't care the way to find the recipe. I care the purpose of a scroll. Professions should not influence too much the combat (not touching the knowledge system at all) but providing a small benefit like a small buff. Everyone should be able to pick the profession they prefer.

@finland Scrolls
    Let's write together now what everyone has in mind, so as not to be confused

Only experienced magicians can create scrolls (they are as if already so experienced in basic knowledge that they can make magic symbols on the scroll). This means that a mage who has studied 4 different abilities can already create a base level scroll, rather than the same power as level 4 magic. Yes, anyone can be a magician in the game, but I meant that it would be somehow strange that a player specializing in physical abilities can make scrolls of magic without knowing about it. Regarding the market, I think these scrolls will have to be decently priced so that the initial players can not buy them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@muker I think my idea it's pretty clear.

Incription profession to craft scrolls. (Something like alchemy)
    Scrolls are consumables that buffs. (Something like alchemy potions)
    Buffs can enhance an attribute, speed, school, regen, and so on but a really low amount.

• buffing an attribute (int/spi/cons/str/dex) by 1 for 10 mins or so
    • buffing move speed by x for x mins
    • buffing mounted speed by x for x mins
    • buffing weapons by x (fire/frost/poison/disease/shadow/light damage) for x mins
    • buffing a shool resistance by x for x mins
    • buffing an healing/shielding schoolo by x for x mins
    • buffing energy/mana/rage regen by x for x mins
    • scroll of ressurrection to ress a player (but limit the use of 1 every x mins for each party)

No more than one scroll buff up time. (So one buff for each consumable would be nice)
    Everyone can craft or use those consumables.

@finland Also needs to be tying(stun, freeze, confusion, etc.) and attack scrolls

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland Also needs to be tying(stun, freeze, confusion, etc.) and attack scrolls

Nope. Consumables should never provide talents/skills/abilities/spells (feel free to call hem as you like). Well this is my point of view.

@esher

scrolls could be created in a way that we can't learn the ability from them but can use the ability written on them.

this gives a user the ability to sell a spell or ability that they've learned but others haven't. IE if I found pyroblast and no one else has it, i can sell scrolls for that spell. once others find that spell then i'll have economic competition.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah that's exactly something I want to avoid. People has to travel, explore an discover.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured