Mining Minerals/Nodes

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

How come there is no Mining nodes in the open world ?

Sugestion: Add Mining nodes to open world, smaller and scarce but still..

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I think they're really trying to heavily push the inter settlement trade, but I fully agree with you. A cluster of ore in the wild here and there isn't going to effect the robust trading that they want to occur. Plus, if they're near houses in the wild, maybe it'll further encourage folks to settle there.

@Esoba said in Mining Minerals/Nodes:

I think they're really trying to heavily push the inter settlement trade(...)

Likely not just that, but town sieges as well. Remember that in the future, towns are supposed to compete over these resource nodes. If you can 'simply bypass' that, a lot of 'PvP oriented' cities certainly wouldn't be happy.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I suggested this in another thread; Unclaimed Town resources should be available to anyone until that Town is claimed.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

First time i played is this Alpha, sorry if i'm dumb about what the game is trying to do, but i'm stuck with a primitive weapon, for 3 days because ? if no one wants to trade with me what i'm supposed to do?

EDIT: pvp , ok i understand, i like pvp, but then 5 guilds will controls the mineral nodes, and then what? xD i guess i'm blind and have no knowledge atm what the future is for the pvp/trading system.

@bawz said in Mining Minerals/Nodes:

(...)if no one wants to trade with me what i'm supposed to do?(...)

There are three possible options.
    First you can join a town (or claim one together with others).
    Second, you can walk across the map and search the markets for what you want to purchase, or ask if somebody would be willing to trade in the global chat.
    Third, it's entirely possible to keep using your 'primitive weapon'.

I am well aware that all three options come with drawbacks, but that's intended. There's no 'this suits everybody' or 'this is best' solution. I am still using my 'primitive weapon', despite being in a town and having mined hundreds of ore deposits, simply because it is more beneficial for the town that way 😉

@bawz said in Mining Minerals/Nodes:

(...) 5 guilds will controls the mineral nodes, and then what?(...)

These 5 guilds are going to have one hell of a hard time doing that. If they can pull that off, I'd say Kudos to them, well deserved! This is going to be far, far less trivial than in other games. Remember that there's already more than 50 mines in the game and it's an Alpha. You're going to have two more planets and various asteroids. And your town is going to need food and gold and the mines are spread across the map. That's likely a 24/7 job for no less than a thousand people trying to do that.

Quite sure that any open world resource nodes will be farmed mostly by citizens and highly contested in areas that PvP is allowed.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured