Grueling upkeep!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

City upkeep is grueling (pun intended! 😛 ) Instead, I'd like to see upgrades. For example, with X citizens and Y resources, we could permanently upgrade the city, and as long as we kept the right number of citizens, we keep that upgrade enabled.

Upkeep, though, is just chores. I'm just not interested in doing the same things over and over again to keep a city alive, and if I'm not interested, I'm not going to expect anyone else to be interested.

What I really want is a city I can build up incrementally, long-term, without feeling like if I don't log in for one day, it's going to collapse. 😞

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

so if 200 citizen leave game, we will have a ghost town forever.... no upkeep it's actually the only money sink.
    It is frustrating each day we have to pay taxes, i hope dev will move to 1 per week (surely bigger, but stressless).

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

if you like this doesnt mean that other will. its not that im critisizing you but its been always these dabates - one side like when things changed other side like when things forever. its always going debate. some like full loot some dont.
    me pesonaly like when things are changed. so im disagree.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Meziljin said in Grueling upkeep!:

so if 200 citizen leave game, we will have a ghost town forever.... no upkeep it's actually the only money sink.
    It is frustrating each day we have to pay taxes, i hope dev will move to 1 per week (surely bigger, but stressless).

A ghost town will only be a problem on Arboreus, since they can be conquered on the other planets. For Arboreus, I'd look for another way to solve the problem (if it is a problem): say, X number of unanswered citizen requests after Y time.

Money is odd in this game: mobs poop it out, and cities eat it, for no apparent reason. That seems overly simplistic; I'd be much more interested in seeing how a barter-based economy would work (or even currencies that are player-managed!).

Furthermore, even the food aspect of upkeep is odd. Who's being fed? Players already have to feed themselves and craft/build everything, and there are no NPCs around to help out.

Upkeep would make more sense if it were wood and stone, to keep buildings repaired, based on actual usage plus natural decay per building.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Roccandil totaly agreed with you on all aspects. but with food devs can implement guards of city or militia, or some army NPC and they must be fed. also there can be a city tavern where citizens can have discounted food of basic quality. Like of bread and one steak per day for free or something. if no one use his part this day it goes to other players or stay for you but to next day. everyone can donate food to city hall or pay tax and governor buy it in market from player. good buisness support.

with a guards i offered in another post https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/12512/you-dont-have-rights-permission a system where you dont have rights and permisions but everything is free to take but if you r not owner then guard of other player can claim you as a criminal. well maybe not criminal who have to die but maybe you will go to jail for a week or something. guards can patrol city and you can be unseen with your crime of you outside of their vision. players see you 100% and claim you instantly.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured