Сheat attributes.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

What about making it cost 1 attribute point to upgrade to 15 and after that it will cost 2 points to upgrade further.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@fibs Hey man... here's a different perspective. Donald Trump is a Charismatic person who was able to fool enough people to vote for him to become President... Yet, those who don't like him, HATE him! That's how charisma should work in games as well. Highly intelligent people have a tendency to fall to arrogant behavior and constantly try to prove they are smarter then everyone else... which attracts plenty of backfire from the people around them who feel constantly insulted. Not sure if you've ever met one, but really good detectives, the ones with high perception are also suspicious of everything and quite paranoid. Very strong people have reduced mobility due to muscle mass getting in the way of their limbs as they move... that's why coaches usually forbid Olympic fencers from training for muscle mass (of course, the OP has got this one wrong... but it doesn't mean his idea is bad). I can't really think of a RL drawback of being dexterous though, nor for having a good constitution.

Why are you trying to make the game casual?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Why not add like the reactions of the npcs in oblivion,they reacted to your attributes,like if you had 70 str they will say ,how big your arms were or something like that

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Although that's a pretty controversial subject, this has a potential to be a good and a bad thing. For people who just want to get plain stats it might be actually pretty bad, but on the other hand, it should be enough that you don't have as much stats into the others, like saying you don't have str when you're all about int. It's also pretty bad that the game already debuffs you if you don't have 10 in any stat.

But if it was in the game, it should be nerfed, like saying 20-25, instead of over 15. Since you would (Theoretically) only have 1 stat that would go above 20. If it were 15, it would force people to go like all-14 characters and that wouldn't prove very fun. Keep the restrictions to a minimum, I feel like it could be approached differently like this.

20 or more str- Although you hit pretty hard, sometimes your actions are way too strong, even for your own good. Like if you hunt for food, you might actually butcher the more important parts of meat instead of just cutting it nicely, or butchering architecture. (On rng chance)

20 or more dex - You are one fast boi, but you are prone to tripping more often when running at full speed. (On rng chance)

20 or more int - Your spells can overload the magic you hold, sometimes causing another spell (rng) to be casted in a random direction (More rng) not hitting an enemy faced towards you, or an ally you are buffing/healing. (Wow! I can't believe its rng chance!)

20 or more con- Actually I think this should have no debuffs if you pour all your stats into constitution.

20 or more per- You are very aware of everything, sometimes too aware. Your character get's startled easily and can drop a random light item when a player or enemy appears on screen. (on rng chance)

20 or more cha- Npc's are more eager to follow you around if you talk to them, sometimes heading into deadly combat with you.

For rng chances i think
    str should have like 1/50
    int debuff should have 1/1000
    dex debuff should have 1/50
    per debuff should have 1/1000
    cha debuff should have a 1/50 chance with the npc following you for about 4 mins.

The more threatening the debuff, the less frequent it will be.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If the point of debuffs from high attributes was to make people stop mini-maxing then why not go the other way around. Maybe the way is to give bonus for having all attributes above certain level. Not sure what would it be (too lazy to count) but let's say:
    all attributes above 14 - well rounded - some bonuses.
    all attributes above 16 - perfect balance - bigger bonuses.

As for me that random in battles will be very harmful for the game which is based on the player's personal skills, and I offered constant debuffs - that you could calculate your actions for the ahead and not hope for luck.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@33hp said in Сheat attributes.:

As for me that random in battles will be very harmful for the game which is based on the player's personal skills, and I offered constant debuffs - that you could calculate your actions for the ahead and not hope for luck.

People hates RNG keep it in mind

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@juan514 said in Сheat attributes.:

Why not add like the reactions of the npcs in oblivion,they reacted to your attributes,like if you had 70 str they will say ,how big your arms were or something like that

Things like:

Intellect - You appear as a cultured character and consequently NPCs admire you by asking you things that only you could answer.
    Charisma - You you appear as a very popular character and you are loved by NPCs.
    Dexterity - You appear as a very agile character and then you can move more easily through the NPC crowd (ignoring NPC bodyblock?).
    Spirit - you appear as a wise character and as a result the NPCs feel much calmer and happier when they are nearby.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I get that people hate rng, but constant debuffs at stats over 15 that aren't related to the stat at hand are worse than rng. If people are discouraged to go over 15 then the game would be very plain, wouldn't it? 14-all characters would just be meta and that takes the freedom away from a sandbox mmorpg. I tried to make mine as related to the stat, and as underwhelming as possible. (Except i should probably take a look at the int debuff, that is actually pretty overwhelming) There just isn't a way to make this a good mechanic without enforcing a really bad metagame or really bad rng. If I made my debuffs constant, it will discourage people to go for over 20 stats but it might enforce an 10-18-18-18-10 character metagame. This is just a bad mechanic, no other way to put it, sorry. A sandbox mmo should have freedom not rng chance or restrictions.

@finland

RNG is fine so long as it isn't a 1:10,000 chance. Criticals are RNG. most loot is RNG.

I don't understand why stats have to do something other than what's described in the spotlight.

Attributed have a cap, also.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah Well crits is just a buff so RNG there is fine. About the loot it depends on the numbers as you said. bug givin debuffs randomly is not funny. The RNG that we accept are just buffs wo is like an extra. crit is an extra damage and loot well is a an extra item. But debuffs related to attributes like he said are like less something so no! Players/mobs can cast debuffs that fine but not randomness like that.

I don't understand why stats have to do something other than what's described in the spotlight.
    Attributed have a cap, also.

??? Me neither. I just suggested something RP that does not influence the economy or combat. I don't care to get more things on attributes, for me it's fine like they said in the spotlight. I also know about the attr cap and I like it. I have nothing to argue about it.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@finland Yeah something like that

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured