Getting back into action!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Yes, it is a bit of an exaggerated title but it sounds exciting!

After some time away from the game and the forum passed by here to see how everything is going.

Any interesting clues or data from the current alpha stage?

From what little I could see is the participation with G.Round to promote the game and provide access to the current alpha test.

I would appreciate any comments that let me know how things are going around here!

Thank you!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Well I think it hasn't changed too much. 😆

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I'd say that from a developers viewpoint, lots has changed.

From a players viewpoint, Not a lot.

Lots of bugs and glitches still present from previous test, so I'm mildly concerned that the game is being developed from the big picture down, rather than the basic foundations up.

Development wise, game is progressing at a nice pace. New mechanics are constantly developed and tested.

Game promotion isnt full blown yet. Its steady through streamers, spotlights and discord. I guess bigger promotion will start later when game is in beta / closer to release.

This is why it can appear things are not going fast if you are not an active follower and in touch with community.

@Stacy555 said in Getting back into action!:

(...)Lots of bugs and glitches still present from previous test, so I'm mildly concerned that the game is being developed from the big picture down, rather than the basic foundations up.

There's likely multiple reasons for this. First and most important of all, as the game is party crowdfunded, you are forced to 'attract' players. This is done through presenting them functionality and content. Then there's a good possibility that some of the bugs/glitches are in code that would have to be worked on for future patches anyway. So, instead of fixing things now and working more on it later, it's more time efficient to do it in one go when you are fully focused on that part. And there's a couple more reasons, but well...

@Chapex - the 'city' mechanic is new, and so far that's been fun to play with for me. We've also been told that ports are part of the plan for this test, which will make traveling easier in some ways, even if they're not fully functional to get to other planets yet.

There are lots of QOL fixes that I personally wish the devs would make a part of the mix as they go along, but as @Logain says, there are probably good reasons for doing things in a certain order that are way above my pay grade 😉

In case any devs are listening, my biggest wishes in the QOL department are...

1. a LOGIN button that works when you hit ENTER after your pw is in
    2. moving the 'close map' X farther from the 'close game' X (I click the wrong X at least twice a week, and last time I was in the middle of the Vale when that happened. I got out alive but just barely)
    3. some way to see where party & guild members are on both maps

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Ty for the Info!

@Logain Solid foundations, followed by each building block should be the timeline.

Fix the little stuff as you go along, not put it on a list and do it later.

Massive land area full of almost nothing, start small and build out.

@Stacy555 said in Getting back into action!:

(...)Fix the little stuff as you go along, not put it on a list and do it later(...)

Why would you waste time and effort on fixing something, when you later down the road have to rework the mechanic again and are likely to discard your 'fix'?
    I have an odd feeling people aren't used to seeing how software development works especially for small companies where every cent counts.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured