Login bug and multiple crash

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@vcknight said in Login bug and multiple crash:

I am thinking that I made a wise choice not to buy this game. Online for last one hour and the time to start game increases 30 mins... this is 3rd time now. Just letting you know that because of this wrong communication i am dropping the idea of buying this game... Sorry Developers you wont get my money 🙂

What do you expect, this is Alpha testing, it's not a full release, they are doing a stress test to see what happens if many more on top of those who pre purchased log on at the same time, now they know, they fixed it and are moving on.

Bugs happen, they are dealt with and to be honest, they dealt with this one fast, most developers tend to spend a few days or even longer, look at some of the AAA companies, they have been around for years and still have half the bugs they started with and constant downtime and queues due to people logging on at the same time, it's a normal thing.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Same problem here, I suggest just to wait. In the end it is a stress test.

• Same here as well. Get to "Connecting to Server" and then it just kicks me back to character screen and i can't login again because my character is "already logged in"

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Finally got in, tried for a few mins and got kicked and now can't get back in.

So far I liked what I saw though.

• Stress test is not suppose to test the charge or the serv ? we can't even join in lol each attent since 17h failed.........Your character is online.........REALLY SINCE 17h ??? AMAZING.....Buy dev instead of buy anaything else

• Community Manager

This is the first time the devs have stress tested the game so it's no surprise there are issues. The devs are working hard to fix it but it will take time to identify the issue(s).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Shivashanti My God, what a noob reply... Trying to teach a software developer what is stress test??? stop commenting on someones feedback when you dont know what you are talking.... If you cant get in the game how can you do stress test...

@vcknight

@vcknight said in Login bug and multiple crash:

@Shivashanti My God, what a noob reply... Trying to teach a software developer what is stress test??? stop commenting on someones feedback when you dont know what you are talking.... If you cant get in the game how can you do stress test...

Are you serious right now ?

You can stress test many things in this world, but I shall keep it to game development only.

1. Login servers
    2. Authentication servers.
    3. Registration servers.
    4. Forums.
    5. Websites.
    6. Launcher / Client.
    7. Character creation.
    8. Loading screens and loading in general.
    9. Downloading the game or any related patches.
    10. The game itself.

There are more, but I will limit it to just 10 things you can stress test during a stress test, because it all needs to be stress tested, because without stress testing all of the above and everything I left out, you will find that the stress test didn't acquire all the knowledge needed from a general stress test, because this is a bog standard stress test, which every game developer does.

Bugs and disconnections and connection issues will always occur and if they happen during a testing phase, that is great, because it gives developers a chance to sit back and say " Hey maybe we should alter / change / upgrade this thing ".

I really fear for your career as a software developer if you do not understand that a stress test is not just about testing the gameplay inside, but rather testing every last thing you possibly can within the time frame about your game.

Don't mean to sound patronising or mean or anything, probably did come out that way, but I re wrote this 5 times and it's the least mean thing I could come up with after you called @Shivashanti 's reply a noob reply and suggesting he's ignorant to the idea of what a stress test is, have some respect for people please.

KIND REGARDS
    Drustin

😁

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@vcknight If u read, for example, the first message of this thread " when walking in Spine of Tyros toward my dream home i got warped back beginner area."

I have then to guess that some peoples did log in the game then issues appeared ( so had i, and i'm not acting like a douche like some Mr. Software Developer )
    So your could perhaps like, coold down ur ass and be a decent human Mr. Software Developer, and use ur feedback to be usefull instead ?

Edit: Well, got half a min later than my buddy ahead, and i'm clearly not as tactfull.

@Yogdrael I do try to be nice, if you were hinting at me 🙂
    It can be incredibly difficult, hence the rewriting of my post 5 times ! 😂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Drustin Yep, was talking about your message that was developped and nice to him, while for me uh, when looking at his post, i didnt even consider being nice towards someone like him.

@Yogdrael
    Always good to try, I find the more I re write a post, the less angry I am at someone and eventually, sometimes I forget why I'm writing a post and I just turn my router off, but that was rather rude I think, so I had to post something lol

Anyways lets leave it at that, cause I feel we might be over posting off topic a bit here now.

👍

• @vcknight said in Login bug and multiple crash:

I am thinking that I made a wise choice not to buy this game. Online for last one hour and the time to start game increases 30 mins... this is 3rd time now. Just letting you know that because of this wrong communication i am dropping the idea of buying this game... Sorry Developers you wont get my money 🙂

Please understand this is an open Alpha 2 TEST, This is far from a finished game.

Thats why I hate greedy people who want to play for free and complain if they lose even a mili sec from their "free" weekend.
    You can see who appreciates what the devs are doing and expect these things to happen and those who are not.
    I mean its just a game and some should realy look into the mirror and asks themsevles if they should let out their frustration elsewhere.

• Wiki Editor

@Drustin said in Login bug and multiple crash:

It can be incredibly difficult, hence the rewriting of my post 5 times !

Ohhhh how i know this! Happens so often.
    Today i find the stuff i missed at friday, when i could not be here.
    If i had reading it (vcknight posts) before, my friendly posts would probably not that friendly anymore.
    Now i understand @LilCassiopeia why she ask me, how i can be so nice. 😉

@Kralith maybe your are just a positive thinking person? 🤭

• Wiki Editor

@LilCassiopeia just sturdy 😉

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured